Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you feel?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

How would you feel if your  friend was expecting their second baby. They already have a daughter, and now they're having a boy. A few months ago you gave them EVERYTHING you had for your son, that was still in great condition. You really could have sold these things instead of giving them away, and you really could have used the money too but you knew they needed these things. I'm talking bags full of clothes, boppy pillow (with two covers) that was never even used, infant car seat, an infant play gym and a swing etc. Then, you get invited to their baby shower, and they tell you they JUST filled out their registry, so you know they didn't register for these same things before you gave them to them. You go to look at their registry and they have registered for basically everything you've already given them.

How would you feel about this?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
--Nicole--
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Well, you're rich so why worry about selling them ;)

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Honestly I would feel really stupid for giving them all my stuff. I wouldn't give them anything anymore. Even though you gave it to them you don't have a say what they do with the stuff anymore but it would hurt to know that you could have really just sold all the stuff.

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Id ask if they still have the other stuff - say because you know someone who needs it or something. I gave my friend my old walker we used it 4 times , for her son & told her (after i found out i was pregnant again) that ill get it in a month to clean and put in storage , well she says ok i still have it. Well i go on her myspace to see new pics & here's her hubby & his friends drunk riding it down the road! ... I told her to pay for it & keep it. I showed her the reciept she gave me every penny i paid for it. Like i said it was new when i gave it to her bc we didnt have room to use it.

CeciConfetti
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I think you shouldn't give things away unless you won't miss them. It's not worth ruining a friendship over, that's for sure. Just let it go.

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. - Isaiah 40:8

Remarkable_Mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I'd just ask her....Hey I was lookin at your registry and noticed that you registered for several of the same items that I gave you! Was there something wrong with them?  It's not a problem if you would just like to have new items for your baby but may I have those items back if you aren't going to use them? Don't play....sometimes you just gotta raise the BS flag! ;)

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I don't really miss them, and I'm not going to ruin the friendship over it. I guess I just feel like they were ungrateful is all. I really tried to help them out and give them things they said they needed. I just feel like if they wanted something different they should have said so before I gave them to them. I mean, I spent a couple hundred dollars on these things and at the very least I could have donated them to someone who REALLY needed them. ya know? Plus on top of that she kind of acted offended that alls I gave her at her baby shower was a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes, and that hurt my feelings too.

Quoting CeciConfetti:

I think you shouldn't give things away unless you won't miss them. It's not worth ruining a friendship over, that's for sure. Just let it go.

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Quoting tinkerxbell:

I don't really miss them, and I'm not going to ruin the friendship over it. I guess I just feel like they were ungrateful is all. I really tried to help them out and give them things they said they needed. Ijust feel like if they wanted something different they should have said so before I gave them to them. I mean, I spent a couple hundred dollars on these things and at the very least I could have donated them to someone who REALLY needed them. ya know? Plus on top of that she kind of acted offended that alls I gave her at her baby shower was a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes, and that hurt my feelings too.

Quoting CeciConfetti:

I know what you mean. I gave my family member all my maternity clothes. She was always wearing that same pant over and over again. So I figured I'd give her my clothes. I'll buy new clothes IF I ever need to. Well she never used the clothes and she continues to wear that old pant. You know I also felt like I could have sold it but it's ok. NOW I know how it is and I won't be giving her any more of my things to "help" her out. It's just not worth it I learned my lesson. She probably still has all the clothes packed up too or she sold it in a garage sale.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I would be so pissed. 

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

Summer0216
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Quoting Remarkable_Mama:

I'd just ask her....Hey I was lookin at your registry and noticed that you registered for several of the same items that I gave you! Was there something wrong with them?  It's not a problem if you would just like to have new items for your baby but may I have those items back if you aren't going to use them? Don't play....sometimes you just gotta raise the BS flag! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)