Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PREGNANCY AFTER GETTING YOUR TUBES "TIED"

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM
  • 45 Replies

I put quotes around tied because I know sometimes they're tied, burned, clamped, whatever. Anyway, how many of you have gotten pregnant AFTER your tubes have been tied???? Was it a tubal pregnancy or was it a viable pregnancy??? How long after your tubes were tied did you get pregnant??? 

Lots of input would be great! I don't need to know that it CAN HAPPEN though. Sorry, but I know it can happen, I'm just seeing how common it actually is!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MZ.ZAPATA1015
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM

THATS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IVE HAD MINE TIED FOR 8YRS ABD I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A BABY AGAIN

heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM

BUMP!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM

BUMP!

SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM

BUMP

1979mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I'll tell you why I'm asking.....I got my tubes tied less than a year ago. No, I don't know if they were tied, clamped, or what. Pretty sure they weren't burned because I think during the initial process my dr. told me she doesn't like to use that procedure. Anyway, ever since I had it done my periods have been much heavier, lasting longer, etc. Well now I'm over a week late......

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Me too, I'm coming up on seven yrs atfter having mine done!!

Quoting MZ.ZAPATA1015:

THATS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IVE HAD MINE TIED FOR 8YRS ABD I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A BABY AGAIN

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I'm pretty sure it does change, everytime I'm late, I always dbl check with a preg test, but it's always a negative. I can go 2 months without having a period, talk to your gyno.

Quoting 1979mommy:

I'll tell you why I'm asking.....I got my tubes tied less than a year ago. No, I don't know if they were tied, clamped, or what. Pretty sure they weren't burned because I think during the initial process my dr. told me she doesn't like to use that procedure. Anyway, ever since I had it done my periods have been much heavier, lasting longer, etc. Well now I'm over a week late......

1979mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I did take a test and it was negative. I'm just nervous because I'm always on time....always have been. I have a fairly consistent 28 day cycle and the only time I've never had a period is when I've been pregnant LOL

Quoting babygirl4326:

I'm pretty sure it does change, everytime I'm late, I always dbl check with a preg test, but it's always a negative. I can go 2 months without having a period, talk to your gyno.

Quoting 1979mommy:

-M-
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Bump

Samanthamommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I don't have my tubes tied.

But, my mother got pregnant after they were tied. And a close friend of mine got pregnant after having them tied. Neither of them were tubal pregnancies.

Both my mom and friend decided to have their tubes burned off after their baby was born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)