Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? POLL

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you go back and pay the $35 for the shopping cart?

Options:

Yes

No

Depends on how far away the store is

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

So I went to Toys R Us today to get my daughter some presents for her 1st b-day. 

I went up to the check stand and my MIL said, "what am I buying and what are you buying"  So I handed her a couple things that she could get and then rest was mine to buy.  At that point, I wasn't really thinking or paying attention to what I had left in the cart so he gives me my total and It was high anyway so I didn't even notice that he didn't charge me for something.  It was a little Fisher Price shopping cart that was $35.

I Just noticed it about 1/2 hour ago...obviously the store is closed.  I already know what I am going to do but just curious what others would do if they got home and realized the cashier didn't charge them for something.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaM27
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Just wondering how you and the cashier missed the shopping cart? I have missed a nail polish or an eyeliner in my cart never a huge toy lol.

yayay15
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM

lol..I paid in the Electronics dept. and so it was a small area.  But, I did set the box up there.  I think the thing is that he asked me if I wanted batteries and I said yes, so he pointed me in the direction and then I went and got them and I think he just forgot to scan it.  He scanned everything else though...I just wasn't paying close enough attention.  I was also counting other money b/c I owed my SIL so I just wasn't even focusing on how much I owed and how much I was being charged. 

Quoting ErikaM27:

Just wondering how you and the cashier missed the shopping cart? I have missed a nail polish or an eyeliner in my cart never a huge toy lol.

Memere4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM

keep it and not say a word.

Chelsea2101
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Toys R us is not going to go broke over a 35$ shopping cart!

1979mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Wow, I'm kind of surprised at the 57% dishonesty rate!

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I wouldn't say anything. It's his own fault if you put it up there and it didnt rang up.

The same thing happened to me at Old Navy. She scanned everything but one pair shorts ($20) I realized it after I left but I didn't go back and say anything. lol.

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Quoting yayay15:

lol..I paid in the Electronics dept. and so it was a small area.  But, I did set the box up there.  I think the thing is that he asked me if I wanted batteries and I said yes, so he pointed me in the direction and then I went and got them and I think he just forgot to scan it.  He scanned everything else though...I just wasn't paying close enough attention.  I was also counting other money b/c I owed my SIL so I just wasn't even focusing on how much I owed and how much I was being charged. 

Quoting ErikaM27:

oooh i see

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 AM

nope i wouldn't.  i know it's wrong.  but i would keep it and keep my mouth closed.

Caitlin1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM

I would want to keep it and not say anything but I would feel too guilty. I would go back if I were you.

tennisgal
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I can't believe how many "No" answers there are. I am so disappointed with all the dishonest women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)