Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attn All Sexual assault survivors..... everyone please keep this bumped!!! GROUP CREATED!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM
  • 93 Replies

Poll

Question: If i created a sexual assault group would you join?

Options:

no because i havent been sexually assaulted

no, i have been sexually assaulted but do not want to talk about it

ehh maybe

yes please create this i could use someone to talk to who understands

absolutely can i be one of the mods i have such passion for this issue

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 112

View Results

I am a rape survivor, and i attend a support group near my home, and it has done wonders for me, ive noticed alot of women on here say they do not have friends in real life they can talk to about things and there are many women who are scared to discuss this at all.... the point of this post is i want to create a group here on cafemom for survivors of sexual assault albeit incest, rape, molestation etc. a place for all moms and womens to talk to other moms and women about their experiences, the day to day challenges and everything that goes along with being a survivor, but do you think anyone would join? i will not create the group until i know there are people willing to join, so please let me know in the comments on this post if you would like a group like that, and if youre not a survivor PLEASE PLEASE keep this bumped so all survivors that are on cafemom can see this thank you so much in advance!

**edit** ok so the poll is kinda confusing me, seems that in the replies more than enough people would be willing to join if i created a group but the poll doesnt seem to reflect that very much... anyways, i believe im going to start this group, any ideas for the name?? once i find or think of a name i like, and i create it i will update again with the link and please all who joins, help promote the group if you could thanks!

group created! thank you all so much again for bumping this post and helping me decide if there were enough people willing to join to start this group. I ask that since im only one person and have a busy 9 month old daughter that you help me promote this group. the URL for the group is http://www.cafemom.com/group/SexualAbuseSupport

thank you all so much again those of you who would like to be more involved in the group perhaps be admins please pm me!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brae425
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:55 AM
I cant vote cuz im on mobile but yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieCat2003
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM

just a bump

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM

haven't been a victim, but here is a bump.  sounds like a good idea so you guys can support each other.

dueoctober809
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM

thanks guys for voting and commenting please everyone keep this bumped

dueoctober809

BUMP!

pandorasbox69

BUMP!

proudmomma1986
Can't vote on mobile but definitely yes. I think this will help alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM

BUMP!

dueoctober809
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 AM

BUMP!

mommypeezee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 AM
I can't vote because i'm on mobile but yes, i would join
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)