Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow! Some people!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

My s/o and I are having a baby on Wednesday, if she doesn't come on her own before then. This is my fifth child, but his first. Well, he took me out for dinner tonight because it will be our last chance for awhile, esp alone. He works for a restaurant, and living in a small town, that is where we wound up, which was perfectly fine. While we were sitting in our booth (we took our time and relaxed in between our appetizer and meal) a couple comes in with their two boys, about 2 and 4...maybe. Neither boy had a shirt on, or shoes on! The older one was wearing sweat pants and the younger one had a diaper cover on, that kinda looked girly. They came in, ordered a pitcher of beer and an appetizer for them, but not for the boys, they only had a drink! They were noisy, as kids could be, which didn't bother us, but when the youngest one started to throw a tantrum, the parents ignored him and that bothered other people around us. When their check came, they went to pay...the bill was just over $10 or so. Well, they didn't have enough on them, they only had $10! So the mgr deducted the boys drinks and that dropped their bill down to under $9. They waited for the server to bring them change! While they were waiting, the older boy kept saying he had to potty but his parents were ignoring him! My s/o spoke up for the child! That is crazy! Pure white trash people the way they behaved and the way they and their children were dressed! The mgr of the restaurant was appalled as well!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I could never go out to eat & not get my kids anything...even if im making a quick stop for something little & shes not hungry  , i still get something.

mb1hotmama
Wow, that's pretty bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AirForceWife412
Those poor kids! I wouldve taken them home with me! ::sad face::
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM

BUMP!

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:30 AM

A lot of time, SO and I will get an appetizer and we will all share it. We each will have our own drinks though. Our kids are 2 (will be 2 next month) 20months, and 2 months. Needless to say, we don't share with the baby.

Is that wrong?

Momo77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Quoting AirForceWife412:

Those poor kids! I wouldve taken them home with me! ::sad face::

masastan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Quoting krystlzd3:

A lot of time, SO and I will get an appetizer and we will all share it. We each will have our own drinks though. Our kids are 2 (will be 2 next month) 20months, and 2 months. Needless to say, we don't share with the baby.

Is that wrong?

What is wrong is that the kids were not properly dressed, and yes, go into a place like that with a 2yr old and NOT share your appetizer, even if that is all you go in for, along with a pitcher of beer...um yes, why aren't you sharing the food with the kids? I am not saying there is anything wrong with taking your kids with you to a place like this is, it is a grill and pub, and have a drink or two or even a pitcher. But to bring your kids in poorly dressed, NOT share the food you ordered, ignore the child when they are throwing a tantrum (which I would do if I were at HOME-not in public!), ignore the child who needs to go to the bathroom, and then bring only $10 for what you order, but clearly order more than that amount off the menu, leave a mess, and no tip?! Yes, that is wrong!

christina0607
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM

No offense, but if this was the last time you were gpoing to be a lone with you husband for a long time....why did you waste it getting so involved with other people's lives?

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Quoting masastan:

Quoting krystlzd3:

Is that wrong?

What is wrong is that the kids were not properly dressed, and yes, go into a place like that with a 2yr old and NOT share your appetizer, even if that is all you go in for, along with a pitcher of beer...um yes, why aren't you sharing the food with the kids? I am not saying there is anything wrong with taking your kids with you to a place like this is, it is a grill and pub, and have a drink or two or even a pitcher. But to bring your kids in poorly dressed, NOT share the food you ordered, ignore the child when they are throwing a tantrum (which I would do if I were at HOME-not in public!), ignore the child who needs to go to the bathroom, and then bring only $10 for what you order, but clearly order more than that amount off the menu, leave a mess, and no tip?! Yes, that is wrong!

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought they did share the appetizer. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)