Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strangest Thing..

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

What's the strangest thing you have save from your children's childhood?

I have just about everything from my son. I have hospital bracelets, release forms, check-up slips, outfits, special toys, all his bday cards (4 years+baby shower cards) I save EVERYTHING!

What about you?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:03 AM

I save everything too! I have all of her first outfits, first halloween, first easter, first christmas, and I'm going to make a quilt out of everything someday.

and of course i have the first tooth, first snip of hair, hospital bracelets.

I think the weirdest thing is ....I have all of the gift bags from gifts I got from her baby shower!

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Aw.. I always wondered what I could do with all the clothing I have saved from him. A quilt is a great idea!

I have his first outfit on a build a bear his dad and I built for him when he was a baby.

haha I have the sign that was out in the lawn for my baby shower!

Quoting Jennifer63080:

I save everything too! I have all of her first outfits, first halloween, first easter, first christmas, and I'm going to make a quilt out of everything someday.

I think the weirdest thing is ....I have all of the gift bags from gifts I got from her baby shower!

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 AM

BUMP!

TOMBOI
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM
I did too from all 4 of mine..I hoping to pass the blankets down to their 1st..m/b make it a fam tradition...my grams knitted each 1 a quilt..with the tag that read..MADE BY GREAT GRANDMA WITH LOVE..its a must that I pass it dn..
Too bad I don't know how to quilt...

Quoting Jennifer63080:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMVITT
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 AM

I am not the sentimental type to keep all that stuff.  I did keep their hospital bracelets and ours (hubby had to have one too).  Oh and their sono pictures but that's about it.

ColieO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM
His steroid inhaler from when he had RSV and the blood pressure cuff. The inhaler looks like a turtle on the part that covers the mouth and the blood pressure cuff was just so tiny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:43 AM

I have photos. her hospital bracelets, still have the discharge papers from the hospital, diapers from her first box (unused), umbilical cord, hospital blanket, a few other things from the hospital, her foot prints, baby book and clothes.

This is our first so I still pretty much have everything but some clothes that got ruined when our apartment flooded while we were on vacation.

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Yep. I still have all that stuff too!

I look that those diapers and think "oh my gosh he used to be that small." lol.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I have photos. her hospital bracelets, still have the discharge papers from the hospital, diapers from her first box (unused), umbilical cord, hospital blanket, a few other things from the hospital, her foot prints, baby book and clothes.

This is our first so I still pretty much have everything but some clothes that got ruined when our apartment flooded while we were on vacation.

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Aw.. that's cute that you saved that stuff.

Quoting ColieO:

His steroid inhaler from when he had RSV and the blood pressure cuff. The inhaler looks like a turtle on the part that covers the mouth and the blood pressure cuff was just so tiny.

carter210
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM

They gave you SO one too? That's weird. I've never heard of that.

Quoting JMVITT:

I am not the sentimental type to keep all that stuff.  I did keep their hospital bracelets and ours (hubby had to have one too).  Oh and their sono pictures but that's about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)