Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They think I should get a second opinion!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:10 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hubby noticed ds holding stuff way away from his face. He was also complaining of headaches and his eyes hurting so I took him in. The eye doctor says he is far sighted and he is having problems with tracking. I could see both problems during the exam. He had a hard time seeing the bigger pictures and was having a hard time following the light. We ordered him glasses but they have not come in yet.
Today I noticed more. He could not tell if certain areas on the playground were bridges or drops so he would carefully test the waters with one foot. He reaches out and feels our hands before jumping into our arms. And there's more!
My dad and brother say I need to get a second opinion, that there is nothing wrong with his eyes. Really? It is so obvious that there is! Give me a break for once would you?
Does anybody think I need a second opinion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMVITT
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:29 AM

No.

IamATeenMom307
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:31 AM

If the glasses don't work then yes but as of right now...no I don't think so good luck momma.

DonnaPinitonya
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 AM

If it makes you feel better I didnt even know the bushes had leaves when I was 5 untill my glasses came in. When I proudly exclaimed to my mom about the leaves it made her cry bc she felt awefull so don't worry, you did the right thing and be excited for what he discovers when he can see!

zolanmel
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:33 AM

he needs to be reevaled by his eye doctor for hte new symthoms but you dont need a second opionin.

Sami1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:34 AM

no, i think that it is an eye sight problem (only cause i needed glasses at a young age)  & to this day if i dont have my glasses or contacts in im blinder than a bat... u really dont need a second opinon. I hope ur ds glasses come in soon.

sunshine4791
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 AM

seriously?  how can they say there is nothing wrong?

no..you don't need a second opinion.  hope the glasses help!

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:37 AM

Ok besides not being able to tell distances and drops, is his sight blurry, or dimming out any? I would take him to get a few opinions. I hate to say this but he could be going blind. (not saying he is, it could be something totally different) but my uncle went blind and that is how it started. I would take him to a few different doctors.

mrs.bing
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:38 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TOMBOI
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:40 AM
I would say yes..just to b sure..my cousin son had what the eye doc thought was a just near/far sighted not sure which..but it turned out he had cateracts*(sp)...if they had caught it in time they said m/b it would've save his eye..@ 5 he had to have a glass eye put in..I love the blue eye but he should have his natural eye..also u as the parent follow your instinct..doc only see your LO for a few min u see him everday..better safe then sorri...GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)