Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going on Family vacation next year

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

My dad and stepmom are taking me, my kids and my little brother and sister on a BIG summer vacation. I don't think he really means any where in the world but I am sure he is open to the idea of Australia, the bahamas or some where with beaches. I know he wouldn't want to go to Europe, he might consider Africa but I doubt it, that could be very pricey and not very fun.  and NO way are we going to Asia or anywhere remotely close to the middle east. I think we could handle vacationing in the borrowing old U.S.A. lol but it would have to be somewhere GREAT! Please give us some suggestions! We want to start planning now so we can get the best stuff for the cheapest prices! Thank you :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BowsAndBugmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 AM

C'mon! No one wants to help me out? Am I going to have to sit here all night bumping it until someone replies? lol

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM
I say Bahamas. Its beautiful and plenty for everyone to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
creneep83
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:31 AM
canada?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverMeme
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Bahamas.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Why not Asia?? Just curious! It's amazingly beautiful and the people are soooo nice.

Personally, I like the Caribbean. We go on a lot of cruises and that is our preferred area. We really like the Caymans, Aruba, and the Virgin Islands are beautiful as well. I don't care for Jamaica, but that is just me as many people love it.

My favorite place that I've ever been is China though. It is so rich in history and culture and it is gorgeous as well. I can't wait to go back.

Claire

BowsAndBugmama
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Why not Asia?? Just curious! It's amazingly beautiful and the people are soooo nice.

Personally, I like the Caribbean. We go on a lot of cruises and that is our preferred area. We really like the Caymans, Aruba, and the Virgin Islands are beautiful as well. I don't care for Jamaica, but that is just me as many people love it.

My favorite place that I've ever been is China though. It is so rich in history and culture and it is gorgeous as well. I can't wait to go back.

Claire

Because Asia is where the war is even though its not near china, my dad says its "risky" and also he really doesn't want to fly all the way across the atlantic but he will make the acception for Australia because he has wanted to go there his whole life.

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:50 AM

I would go to the Bahamas. I've always wanted to go there. It looks sooooo pretty!!!! 

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:50 AM

OH! Or Jamaica

Mmy_2_Lexus
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM
If he's wanted to go to Australia his whole life, I'd say Australia.

He is paying after all, and that's clearly a big deal for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BowsAndBugmama
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Quoting Mmy_2_Lexus:

If he's wanted to go to Australia his whole life, I'd say Australia.

He is paying after all, and that's clearly a big deal for him.

Its not a big deal to him. He has also wanted to go to disneyland, Niagara falls, Italy and a few other places his whole life. He just said that that's the only place he would cross the whole ocean for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)