Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our first trip with our kids!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

and OMG!! i never knew how stressful it was going to be! yahoo said it would be a 5hr drive. WRONG! GPS 8hrs. total almost 10!! with stopping for gas, stopping for dinner, driving super slow during a storm in Oklahoma city, then all the construction in Arlington, Tx. we get to our exit on the highway to get to our hotel and its closed for construction. as the one after that! hubby was not happy! 1am and we are driving around trying to get to our hotel! now its almost 4:30am. i should be sleeping but cant. im overly tired and trying to get 3 kids to bed after we have to wake them up to bring them to the room was all in all HELL!! hopefully the next few days go by better and our trip back goes smoother! 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Yahoo and mapquest dont take into consideration the possible storms, construction and possible car accidents you could come across while driving.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:47 AM

wow, what an adventure.  hope you are there and comfy now.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Oh and wow our kids are super close in age. I have a soon to be four year old, and a 2 year old, and one that will hopefully be here tomorrow.

JenB1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Yeah....trips with small children are fun aren't they?  LOL

DH and I took our first official "family" road trip back in Aug 08.  He drove from my parent's house in IN to his family in RI.  18 hour drive.  AKA.....complete and utter hell.  Especially seeing that the a/c in my aunt's car(we were borrowing it until mine arrived from AK) gave out about halfway there.  Our boys were.........3 1/2 and 20 months. 

After that trip we got smart, and bought a dual screen portable DVD player.  LOL  and then when we got a new vehicle, we got a van with a flip down DVD player.  :-D

crazymama2kids
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:40 AM
I hope the rest of your trip goes well!
last august we drove with our 4 and 5 year old from central minnesota to the coast of oregon. It was over 30 hours! They did really good though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)