Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would rather live my life as if there is a God,

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM
  • 73 Replies

and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't a God, and die to find out there is!

This has to be one of the most idiotic sayings I have ever read. Carry on.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:48 AM

You are contradicting yourself, this statement makes no sense, unless it's a typo? 

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I copy and pasted a statement, and said I thought it is idiotic. Where am I contradicting myself?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

You are contradicting yourself, this statement makes no sense, unless it's a typo? 

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Why do you think it is idiotic?

momaof8
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Why is it idiotic?  If you live your life beleiving  in god and die and there is nothing you have lost nothing and lived a peaceful life. If you live as an athiest and find you were wrong at death you could have a great deal to account for.     I for one know there is a God, but to each their own.

amberbrianne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM
Why is that idiodic? It makes perfect sense to me, but I already know there is a God. If you think it's stupid then don't live that way, simple as that.
P.S. Your post is idiodic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Well for one thing, there are a bunch of different versions of god and most don't get pissed if you don't "believe". The christian god sends you to hell if you don't believe in him, which to me is a real asshole thing to do and there is no way that version of god exists, so why would I try to believe such nonsense "just in case"?

amberbrianne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:16 AM
For one thing God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves to hell by the choices we make, God gives us a way out. But if thats what you want to believe, go for it. But it sure would suck if you were wrong wouldn't it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM

If you don't believe then this saying shouldn't bother you at all. 

LadySandoval
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:18 AM

This exactly. 

Quoting amberbrianne:

For one thing God doesn't send people to hell, people send themselves to hell by the choices we make, God gives us a way out. But if thats what you want to believe, go for it. But it sure would suck if you were wrong wouldn't it?

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 AM

I liked the statement. How is it idiotic?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)