Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

surrogate?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:40 AM
  • 17 Replies

My husband and I want to have one or two more biological children, but I'm not sure if I will be able to get pregnant again.  And we do plan on adopting kids, but just not right now.  I know of the financial and emotional costs of using a surrogate, so I don't know if its worth it.

Would you use a surrogate if you couldn't get pregnant?  If you did, would you ask a close friend or family member, or someone you barely know [or not know at all]?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymama2kids
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM
my best friend has offered to do it for us. I think you could probably do it for less money with a friend or family member who offers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:44 AM

We've considered it but haven't really looked into it that much.  My twin sis has offered to have a baby for me (we are identical so one of her eggs could be used as my ovaries don't work).

Solo_Fan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:47 AM

I have an identical twin also!!!  How kool!!

Quoting Kellileanne:

We've considered it but haven't really looked into it that much.  My twin sis has offered to have a baby for me (we are identical so one of her eggs could be used as my ovaries don't work).

l0v3myg1rl5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM

to me I think that I would ask a friend before a family member. It would be cheaper than just anybody being a surrogate.

momofnhimai
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I would never use one.  I know a couple of people that was a surrogate and they are not staple at all.

Solo_Fan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I would ask family or best friend.

maxswolfsuit
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I wouldn't use a surrogate I would adopt. Genetics just aren't that important to me.

art.diva
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I was thinking of asking my sister since we're so close and because she enjoyed being pregnant and her pregnancies were relatively uncomplicated.  But I don't know if I want to put her under the emotional pain of having to give up a baby you carried for nine months...or the possibly physical complications.

Joybeyondreason
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:26 AM

No, I would never use a surrogate.

kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I couldn't say for sure as I don't have problems concieving. One never knows what they would do in a situation until they are faced with that problem. I do know one person that has been a surragant twice. She was compensated well but did end up needing recontructive surgery on her WOOHOO after the delievery of the second

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)