Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gross!! the garbage is still sitting out there from friday!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM
  • 3 Replies

my town recently had cutbacks, severe cutbacks, and now they are having union problems. 2 weeks ago the city called everyone with an automated message telling us that garbage pick up will only be done on fridays from now on instead of tuesdays and fridays. well last fridays went horrible, it was the first time they did it. the town was cut into 4 grids. the poor garbage men had to stop 2 or 3 times in the middle of each grid to go to the dump and empty out their trucks. they didnt pick up our garbage until 10pm (i was told by my neighbor, i left for the weekend last friday afternoon and didnt come back until monday). well, we got the phone call again on thursday reminding us to put the garbage out. so the landlord came, put the garbage cans out, and they have been sitting there since friday morning. we got another automated phone call from the city saying if our garbage doesnt get picked up on friday it will be on monday. now the garbage people union is threatning to strike!!! i wish i could just go to the dump and dump my own damn garbage like i did when i iived upstate!!

sexy......even in a dress

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fairymom2316
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

That sucks. They pick up our garbage only on Fridays also and it sucks if we forget to put it out because then we have to wait another week for pick up. I wish we would get calls reminding us! LOL!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Thats why I'm glad Dh takes our garbage himself. Plus its very cheap.

poshkat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

as of now it is still sitting out there. i dont think it will get picked up at all today, which is fine with me becuase im waiting for hubbs to come home and change the cat littler, if he doesnt get home before they come to take the garbage we will have stinky cat litter in a bag sitting in the garbage in the driveway! YUCK!!

Quoting fairymom2316:

That sucks. They pick up our garbage only on Fridays also and it sucks if we forget to put it out because then we have to wait another week for pick up. I wish we would get calls reminding us! LOL!

sexy......even in a dress

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)