Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dress?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Which dress should I choose?

Options:

Red

Blue

Neither(explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

My friend is going to a wedding and I'm his date. I was thinking about getting this dress, but my mom says it's too much and I shouldn't wear red to a wedding (cause it's attention stealing). So i'm questioning the dress but definetly keeping the shoes.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+jewel+sandal?prodId=210185&productRef=SEARCH

If not the red dress im getting this dress.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MNLETLE
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Blue is prettier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cypris420
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Whoa, definitely not the red one.  It's...um....cheap looking, imho.  The blue one is very pretty, classy and sexy.  And it'll look great with the silver sandals.  Go for it.

NESmith63
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM
I think the red is a bit much for a wedding....unless it's a VERY fancy wedding. and even then I do think the color is a bit much. It's a georgous dress tho. For a wedding I would go with the blue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILive4This
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Wow....must be a formal wedding.  Seems like too much.

una1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I wouldn't wear either of them to a summer wedding, i think they are more for an evening do of some sort.

key2ynot
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM

It's a wedding, not a prom.   Just how formal is it going to be?

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM

I voted neither but if you HAD to wear one of these the red one is not appropriate for a wedding so I would go with blue, do you have a pic of yourself?

Chelsea2101
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Your mother is right. That type of a dress is not good for a wedding. You want ppl to look at you and think That is a pretty dress! Not WOW she has some nerve wearing that to a wedding! I really like the blue one better. Its prettier and sexier and classier. The red one looks to me as trashy. Ask your date!

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM
The red one reminds me of my cousin who wore a "hooker" dress to my cousin's very formal bar mitzvah. Its been 12 years and people still talk about it and not in a good way. If its an evening formal reception than the style of dress is appropriate but now that one. The blue one is classier, pretty and appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Definitely the blue.  It's classier looking.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)