Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast exam (TMI)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

How the heck are you supposed to do one?
I have a challenge, I am large chested. Breast cancer runs high in my family and my aunt got her first biopsy at my age from finding something so I really should be doin t it every month, but I don't know how!
I looked online, saw the lay down, arm over head, 3 finger thing, but what am I supposed to feel for? My boobs are "lumpy" feeling anyway, how am I supposed to know what is the "wrong" kind of lump? How can I press all the way down to the bone without bruising my boob?

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
allmyblessings
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I have the same problem...really HUGE chests and VERRRRY lumpy boobs! Hopefully someone can tell both of us.

marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:53 AM

i guess, when you feel something abnormal. like, if you familiarize yourself with what it usualy feels like then you will be able to tell when something is out of place. good luck!

milrtme80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Same problem here. Big boobs and pretty lumpy feeling. I wish I could help...but I don't know either. That's why I rely on the doc each year. I know that is bad.

piercedbeauty21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM

BUMP!

isra1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I am glad I am not the only one with lumpy boobs, I guess it comes with being "blessed" in the boob area, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)