Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if i cut my daughters hair will her curls be gone?? pic

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM
  • 32 Replies

my soon to be 4 yr old has very curly hair but every time i comb it she screams its always snarly cause its so long.i want to trim it but i am scared her curls will go aways she has had since a baby what do you think???

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-xoxo-
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM

My dd had really thin baby curls when she got her 1st hair cut and they were gone after that. Your daughter's hair looks thicker and naturally curly. I don't think they're going anywhere. 

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:59 AM
It won't go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:59 AM

My son has had 4 haircuts and his curls keep coming back (I wish they wouldn't...LOL).

SxyPanamami83
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM

i would go ahead and cut it, if shes meant to have curly hair it will still be curly after the fact. alot of time the "curls" go away because it was the baby hair if that makes sense. ive been trimming my daughters hair since she was 6 months old. its gets the baby hair off and her hair is still curly.

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Her hair looks like it will keep the curls, even her tiny baby hairs are curly.  When I was her age I had big Shirley Temple style curls, but all of my new hair growth was straight, so when my mom cut my hair the curls were gone forever :(

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Its really hard to say, but as curly as her hair is, I doubt it.  You might actually be surprised that is looks curlier because some of the weight gets cut off.  How much are you thinking of having taken off??

redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I agree. When I cut my hair it gets curlier.

Quoting maynaysmom:

Its really hard to say, but as curly as her hair is, I doubt it.  You might actually be surprised that is looks curlier because some of the weight gets cut off.  How much are you thinking of having taken off??

mommyofagirl06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

maybe just a couple inches to get some of the thick heaviness off

Quoting maynaysmom:

CafeMom Tickers

AmiJanell
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM

NO, her hair is curly everywhere... it will stay curly.

kaidensmommy09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I dont think her curls are going anywhere... most of the time the baby curls that get cut off are the ones that are only at the bottom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)