Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stop crying

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am having a severe anxiety attack I am home alone with my 3 yo. DS and DH can't come home from work to be with me. I can't stop crying and I have no clue why.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlb0418
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Just try to breath. i know how bad they suck i have svere anxiety and panic attacks. try to find something to do to distract u. good luck hun. ill come back and ccheck on u in a few mins
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Oh Hun. GO to a quiet place and breath. Is there anyone else who can come over?

Do you have to take medication because of them? If so did you miss a dose?

My mom has anxiety attacks and when she misses a dose it messes her up.

MyraEllen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

If kids are awake, put in a movie or something that will keep them entertained for a couple minutes.  Turn the lights down or off, close your eyes, and do your best to clear your mind.  Inhale, and count to four, hold it for four seconds, exhale while counting to four.  Concentrate on your breathing only.  Just visualize your lungs expanding and emptying.  Imagine yourself calming down.

This always works for me, and I get panic attacks too.  They can happen for no reason whatsoever, so don't worry about that.  There's nothing wrong with you.  Some people just get them.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Like the PP said. Just try and breathe. Can you get down and play with the lil guy. That helps my anxiety attacks sometimes. OR if he will sit down, cuddle up and watch a cartoon. 

LollipopDreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM
I'm not on anything ATM. I am waiting for the doctor to call me back. I went to the hospital yesterday for abdominal pain I have an ulcer. I have emetophobia ( fear of vomit or vomiting ). I am so scared I'm going to get sick. I feel like a wreck.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Oh Hun. GO to a quiet place and breath. Is there anyone else who can come over?

Do you have to take medication because of them? If so did you miss a dose?

My mom has anxiety attacks and when she misses a dose it messes her up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Quoting LollipopDreams:

I'm not on anything ATM. I am waiting for the doctor to call me back. I went to the hospital yesterday for abdominal pain I have an ulcer. I have emetophobia ( fear of vomit or vomiting ). I am so scared I'm going to get sick. I feel like a wreck.

Try some breathing excersises like what I or others have suggested, they might help.  You're gonna be fine, mama!  They just strike for no reason sometimes.

fallen_angel231
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I hope you are doing better hon :(

LollipopDreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I have some relaxing music on. I am still crying but am feeling a little better. It weird the crying seems to be helping some.

LollipopDreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I want to say thank you ladies. I'm not crying anymore and I am feeling much better.

jlb0418
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Im so glad your doing better. i would try to get something for the attacks maybe not something u take daily but something you can take when you feel like your going to have one. i know someone who has a fear of vomit and vomiting she had to take xanxdaily when she had her first born cause she couldnt handle the baby spitting up. good luck hun. everything will be ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)