Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you were going to leave?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  • 11 Replies

ok if you were in a relationship with someone and had a kid with them and you were going to leave how would you handle it? Would you make sure you could stand on your own first (not financially). Like take over anything that he would normally do like any cleaning all of taking care of the kids find daycare for your LO while you work because he normally watches the child. would you do all of that before you left or would you break up first?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairymom2316
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I'm not sure. It depends if I know if I have help or not, like family members or friends.

Mommy2One881
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 PM

It's always good to have a plan in place before doing anything. You don't want to say I'm leaving walk out the door and have nowhere to go. Are you financially ready to leave? Do you have a job? Do you have family or friends willing to help you out? Do you have the funds to get your own place? Do you have transportation? Some questions to ask yourself.

bluebunbun
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

you have HIS mom to fall back on you both get along well and could even move in with her if needed but you are under a lease and he doesn't live with you so no reason for you to move if you can avoid it but you live an hour away from all your friends and his mom works A LOT

Quoting fairymom2316:

I'm not sure. It depends if I know if I have help or not, like family members or friends.

BonitaM
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I would break up with him then move in with my sister. Register DD for school and contact welfare services until I could get a decent job.  Then I'd save up and move out of my sister's and continue working and taking care of DD.  Without my family I'd be lost.  I'm just glad this is  not in my future.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I would get my ducks in a row first.

Charlies_mom_83
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Always have a plan b4 taking any action

bluebunbun
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM

i'm not sure if i actually want to leave our situation is to complicated for CM lol i'd be willing to explain but it is a lot and VERY hard to explain over the computer and without knowing him.

i have my own place, he would still give me money if we brook up that's what happens now he gives me a set amount each week even if he has a good week or bad week it is the same amount, i have a job it is an at home job and wouldn't make enough for just me and her if something went wrong with his end, it would be REALLY hard to get a second job (daycare would be a lot i am pregnant with #2), no family or friends within an hour to baby sit the only thing is if all else failed i could break my lease and move in with his mom (REALLY DONT WANT TO DO THAT), i DONT drive which is why i moved to a city

Quoting Mommy2One881:

It's always good to have a plan in place before doing anything. You don't want to say I'm leaving walk out the door and have nowhere to go. Are you financially ready to leave? Do you have a job? Do you have family or friends willing to help you out? Do you have the funds to get your own place? Do you have transportation? Some questions to ask yourself.

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM

i would do all of that before i left so taht when i do leave its all in line

Shauna71904
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM

depends... any person with a child should be capable of standing on their own two feet... I wouldn't expect my BF to hang around and pay my bills if we separated... it isn't his job

Double.L
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I was in this situation and I decided to get all my ducks in a row before leaving. I switched jobs and we moved into a home that was alot cheaper so I could save money. Once I had the money to live alone with my DD I rented a house in my name and told him I was leaving.  I was lucky enough to have my mom to watch my DD while I worked.  I was already doing everything from paying bills to keeping up the house anyway, I just needed more money to make that initial first step and had to much stubborn pride to ask anyone/move back home. I was only single for about a year before I married my DH but being a single mom was easy for me during that time.

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)