Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you believe in getting signs from people that have passed away..?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM
  • 27 Replies

we lost my grandmother on November 12, 2009. when visiting home (alabama) a couple weeks ago (which was really hard because it was my first time going home and not seeing mawmaw) i stopped by her grave so i could talk to her. i started getting emotional and out of nowhere a butterfly starts to fly around me and then her grave. the butterfly landed on her headstone. i have been noticing butterflys everywhere. more than i have ever seen in my life! i know its her. last week, i dreamt of her. i cant remember much of the dream but i do remember talking to her. i have no idea what was said :(. i feel like she is trying to tell me something and i dont know what.  <--mawmaw and pawpaw.

have you ever recieved signs from loved ones??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I don't personally believe in it.  If it is something you find comfort in during this hard time then I don't think there is anything wrong in associating a butterfly with your grandma.  I am sorry for your loss.

LollipopDreams
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Yes my grandfather is always coming to me in my sleep. Telling me he loves me and is proud of me. He passed 14 years ago. I believe they are trying to tell you they miss you and love you.

SThompson21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM

BUMP!

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM

perhaps the only thing she is trying to tell you, is that you are never alone and that she will always be watching over you.

zoehopemama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I do!! My Grandpa passed 12 years ago, and he comes around often. It may sound weird, but I smell him. He smells like cigarettes and then when he leaves it's a florally musky scent. And I believe my husbands Grandpa is coming around. We just lost him suddenly in May. But he was very ornery. Someone keeps taking DD'S binkies. She will drop it on the floor by her crib and it won't be there, then we will come back a few minutes later and there will be 2 or 3 binkies laying in the exact spot we just looked in.

ajjs1972
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM

yes- i believe in it.

when my aunt died, two weeks after my son was born, i kept dreaming of her. I would see her in my living room, my bedroom, at the foot of my bed, but I would wake upo just enough to get scared at seeing her and she would disappear!

I made the comment to some friends of this and said i wish she would stop messing with me, and sure enough, I havent' dreamed of her since! ( we were very close)

SThompson21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM

LOL! that sounds funny. he sounds very commical. my uncle was like that. he was killed in 2002 in a very..lets just say it was pretty horrible.

Dark_Rain
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Shortly after my mom died I'd be either across the room or in another room and one of her nick nacks would fall on the floor. It wouldnt have been anywhere near the edge of the shelf and nobody would be near it, it just fell. It happened 3 times in one day. Finally I said, ok mama I get it your still here I love you too and the nicknacks stopped falling lol

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

When my grandmother died I dreamed about her every night. In those dreams she told me that she loved me and that I needed to let her go. The last dream I ever had of my grandmother she said she loved me, that she was okay, and I needed to move on with my life. I woke up to her smell in my bedroom and this calming feeling. I have never had another dream about her.

When I get upset or scared I seem to have birds that come around. They will come set on my door or windows. I can be setting on the back porch and they will come flying around and set on the rails..... Onetime a little humming bird tried to get into my house. It was soooooo funny watching the little bird. But after I was no longer scared or upset the bird went away. It's very strange.

luv2wahm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I do. In 2002, I lost both my son and my dad within 8 weeks of each other. It was just after the anniversary of my dad passing and coming close to my son's and I received a newsletter from compassionate friends. In the newsletter was a poem about finding Pennies and when you find a penny it's your loved ones saying they are there with you and they are telling you hello. I had been having a very difficult time and I went outside and I said out loud..Dad and Jason, if you are truly there and with us always let me find pennies where I least expect them. A couple of days later, we went to the cemetery(dad and Jason are buried next to each other.) In between their stones, were some weeds. My husband put his hand on my son's stone to bend over to pick the weeds. My son's stone tipped off the base. We laid the stone down and underneath embedded in concrete and epoxy were 3 pennies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)