Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me money issues I do not know what to do. :(

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 11 Replies

Dh just got a job making 2500 salary he was making 1800 a mo at his last job but the issue is the pay. they also do salary there but they do the pay the same. you get 60% of what you make the 1-15th on the 20th and you get the other 40% and all of what you make from the 15-30th on the 10th of the next month.. our issue is we just went from getting paid every week to this and we had car issues so that put us behind on our bills anyway.. we don't have enough to pay for rent or internet.. I have to have net for school.. It will work out in a month but I am not sure what to do unti lthen.. how do I get my net not to be cut off and how do I not get evicted.??? I have never been in trouble like this plz help me!!!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Talk to your landlord and tell them the problem you are having right now and see if you can make the past due in payments!! Also call and talk to the people with the net!!! Calling and talking and asking is all you can do, sometimes if your proactive they will work with you on it!! GL and hope things get going!!

SerenityRose
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Sorry, this always sucks but I'm sure you internet company will let you pay late. A typical company will let you be almost 30 days late before they shut service off. Same with rent, talk to your landlord. He may let you pay late with a fee??

coug7099
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM

 With the $700 a month increase won't the 60% be close to what he used to make in a full month? You won't be a full month without income, just 2 weeks, right? You won't get evicted for being late on the rent by 2 weeks. If your internet bill was paid on time last month you shouldn't be past a disconnect date due to this either.

In rereading the OP why would he get paid on the 10th and the 20th? That is pretty random. When did or does he start? When will he get his last check from the old job and his first check from the new job? Heck, if you get laid off these days it can take 6 weeks to get the first check. You should be fine.

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM

our internet is already late bc we had to pay 500 dollars to fix our car. Wich put us behind on our bills. We will be okay in the long run. I called the landlord and she said all I have to do is fill out a late payment request and that it will be okay. we have to pay a 42 dollar late fee. Our net will be disconnected if we can't pay bc we are already late, we have not been customers there long enough. I did find out that I can feed off of one of the neighbors connection for  a few weeks I hate to do that but i will do what i got to do not to fail out of school. I feel so much better now.. whew.

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

he gets 60% of what he made from the 1-15th and the other 40% of the 1-15 plus all of the 15-31 on the 10th. he didn't start working until the 9th so it has screwed us and our net was already past due because of our car. :(

Quoting coug7099:

 With the $700 a month increase won't the 60% be close to what he used to make in a full month? You won't be a full month without income, just 2 weeks, right? You won't get evicted for being late on the rent by 2 weeks. If your internet bill was paid on time last month you shouldn't be past a disconnect date due to this either.

In rereading the OP why would he get paid on the 10th and the 20th? That is pretty random. When did or does he start? When will he get his last check from the old job and his first check from the new job? Heck, if you get laid off these days it can take 6 weeks to get the first check. You should be fine.


CafeMom Tickers

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

BUMP!

Sunshine172
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

suspend your internet for the month.

use the library for internet, besides, theres always craftime or something to do for kids at the library.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:38 AM

ask for an extension

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

dh is also in college and the library closes at 5 he gets off at 5:30 :( we have a netbook that if we have to we can take to panera and get free interent.. thanks for the idea.. :)

Quoting Sunshine172:

suspend your internet for the month.

use the library for internet, besides, theres always craftime or something to do for kids at the library.


CafeMom Tickers

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM

the net said we haven't been customers long enough for an extension. :( we have only been a customer since may.

Quoting littleluvkitty:

ask for an extension


CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)