Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ear infections?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

my dog has an ear infection.  i have been giving her 400mg of doxicyclin (a day) since yesterday and apple cider vinegar to help clean out her ear.  then i put a little triple antibiotic ointment into her outer ear and wiped it out with a cloth.  i got all this brown stuff out (the other ear looks totally clean)....could that be dried blood or is that just ear wax?  i was hoping if it is yeast based infection the vinegar will help, and if it is bacterial based the antibiotics will help....any other suggestions?  she is one miserable pup :(

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tfro
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM

bump?????

tfro

screw it....BUMP!

tfro

bump like you have never bumped before :)

tfro
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

my bump is juicy lol!!!

tfro
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

okay i will stop now.....

much2learn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

have you taken her to the vet?  sometimes ear infections in dogs are caused by ear mites.  Have you checked any pet health sites online?  Here is one that I like: http://www.dog-health-guide.org/index.html  good luck

tfro
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

no she has not been to vet....i know she does not have ear mites (i had a dog once who got them), it is either an inner or an outer ear infection.  outter ear infections are no big deal but inner ear infections can cause deafness which is why i am giving her the antibiotics (just in case)....she is just one miserable pup right now!  i figure i don't see any improvement in the next day or two i will take her in!!!

Quoting much2learn:

have you taken her to the vet?  sometimes ear infections in dogs are caused by ear mites.  Have you checked any pet health sites online?  Here is one that I like: http://www.dog-health-guide.org/index.html  good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)