Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent about my family filled weekend. what's new?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 3 Replies
my cousin and his wife's daughter had their baby's christening this sunday, it was nice, blah blah blah. but they are so inconsiderate and snobby it drives me crazy. we aren't a wealthy family (my entire family) but we have always been comfortable and had nice things and nice cars, we just don't have any yachts/mansions/etc. well my cousin is a business man, he has loads of money, and his wife is a vet, she makes a good amount on her own. so their daughter has everything she could ever want, she's 6 months, so we are hesitant about gifts. well, this weekend they didn't even read the cards, or say anything about the gifts. "oh how nice" and set it back down. my cousin even stopped halfway through to watch the world cup. they got some really nice gifts. my mom got her a beautiful handgerchiff (i have no idea how to spell it) doll for her, that she is to carry in her wedding when she is older, and they didn't even read what it was for. i got her an adorable stuffed horse, it only cost my 15$, but geez, it was taken out of the bag and set down with no thanks or anything. i just think it's so rude. that's the reason i didn't spend much, because i knew this would happen. it wasn't a regular horse, it was made out of different fabrics with different patterns, very girl and cute. ugh whateverrr. pointless vent over i guess.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
connietrrll
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I am glad to see I am not alone. My husbands family is the same. They don't act grateful for anything you give them. When my sister inlaw had her kids, we gave them a memory type thing. Usually something like a picture frame with the babies name on it. Then we would give them a case of diapers, and a case of wipes. Some toys, and an outfit. I did that for each kid. My MIL was showing me her thank you card from her. Then my other SIL showed me her thank you card. We spent over a $100 on each of them. Not only did we not get a thank you, we were told they did not like Pampers for the last one, and the wipes that we gave them. Back then a case was 6 packs of like 60 diapers. If they were not going to use them, they could of given them to charity or something, and just never told us. No my SIL asked my husband to take them back and get Huggies for them.

Now she still has the picture frames that we gave her, and her kids are 18, 15, and 10. So that to me is gratitude enough. But the whole diaper thing is something I never forgot.

connietrrll
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM

BUMP!

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Ass holes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)