Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EXTREME ITCHING! I'M GOIN CRAZY!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

I think i may go nuts if i can't figure out what the hell is wrong with my head..and no i'm not crazy :P for the past couple of week i have had excessive itching. Mostly on the crown part of my head. The spot that itches is about 2 inches around.....then the other spot that itches is about my ears....and it's an area that's about 2 inches long and dips behind my ear(only where the hair is)

I've checked myself and my mom has also checked me for lice(my sister and my bro had it a few times when they were little so she knows what she's lookin for)

There's no other symptoms except the ones caused by my scratching. I can't see the top back part of my head but i can imagine its pretty cut up from scratching....

Does ne one possibly know what this COULD be? I'm not itching on ne other part of my body i'm just ready to go insane!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AustinsMommy306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM

BUMP!

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM

My head always itches when I have something bothering me. Have you changed shampoos? New hair product? Dye your hair?

MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Get yourself some strong dandruff shampoo or some coal tar shampoo.  I have excema and I get the same thing from time to time, along with hair loss in those areas.  It's pure hell so I feel your pain (and your itch).

Read up on seborrheic dermatitis , that's what it sounds like.

Wendy_June
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Could you have developed psoriasis? Or gotten impetigo?  If changing your hair products doesn't work I suggest you see a dermatologist.

mitch576
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM

psoriasis can cause severe itching.

severe itching can also be a big red flag for liver problems.   if you can't find a cause externally.. ask for a simple blood draw. it could be an allergy or a problem with your liver.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

AustinsMommy306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:08 PM

i thought psorisis too. BUT its only my head...that's why i'm confused. i have no changed hair products, have only used my own brushes, and it's been about 4 months since i dyed my hair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)