Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you really work from home???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, are there really any sites or jobs out there that are truly legit? Can you really work from home and make money? I need something because I can't work outside the home. I have no babysitter, and what I would make working would just end up going toward daycare for my two kids. Is there anything out there that really works??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I know a few moms on here make things and sell at home (I am thinking of doing this too, making cloth diapers)
You can sell things on Etsy, ebay, etc.

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

judybant
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

yes... go to monster.com and put in "telecommuting" in your search criteria... there are TONS of jobs available, some have requirements as to where you live, etc... but they ARE out there. My niece's husband is in the army, and she has a telecommuting job that pays 25 bucks an hour, and she's the accounts payable and receivable person for a company based in Iowa. She's never lived in Iowa... she's lived in GA, TX, CO, WI, and CA.

My husband makes good money telecommuting as a customer service rep in a call center. His cubicle is in our home. HIS job requres that there's no background noise, however, to indicate that he's NOT in an office, so that one isn't so kid friendly. But they ARE out there!

lilmama_0107
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

BUMP!

countryspun
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Myself and a friend both work for ChaCha. You have to take a test and if you pass you can work for them. They rarely hire though. I was trying for a year to get a job and just finally got one with them. But my friend has made almost $170 in a month. There is also Leapforce and LionBridge which pay very well, but aren't always hiring in certain states and it does take a while to finally start working.

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM

There is also a group on here that has a lot of work at home leads. http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431

lilmama_0107
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM

BUMP!

MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM

workathomemafia.com

wahm.com

BethPrice1345
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I do medical transcription from home.

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I do 4 days a week, I have to go to the office once a week for a meeting.  I started working from home because I work for a green company and we decided it was more environmentally responsible not to commute. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)