Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love the Goodwill!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

I don't know why I never thought to check there before, but my son loves cars and I usually just buy them at garage sales. Well today I had some time to kill and stopped at a Goodwill and they had TONS of hot wheel cars for only 50 cents each!  He especially loves the ones that go by themselves and they had tons of those. I even got him a Lightening McQueen Car that talks and zooms off by itself for 1 dollar!  And they were all in good condition, not messed up or beat up or anything.

anyone else love the Goodwill?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM

BUMP!

much2learn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Good things can be found at the Salvation Army stores and at Value World.

the_kimmers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I absolutely love the Goodwill!  I even tried to get a job there last summer, but they were only hiring fulltime! lol!  I know everyone that works there now because I go so often!  I always find great deals and totally nice clothes and toys for myself and dd!  At the Goodwill in my town, they have a "sale" on Thursday mornings!  Just imagine...a "sale" at the Goodwill!  It is as awesome as it sounds!  One time, I bought 2 booster seats, a Shrek toy still in the box with the price tag still on it, and some other stuff for $6!  Awesome!

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

i love to thrift store shop!!! treasure hunting haha

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We go to the ARC, same thing, but it is AWESOME. Love shopping there. Got most of my maternity clothes there. They are cheap, and amazing lol. I find nothing wrong with wearing something someone has already worn or used. :) Underware is out of the questions, and so are shoes.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I love Goodwill. I haven't been there in awhile but I usually find some good deals.
My MIL goes all the time and she always finds great deals.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I've beenthere a time or two - sometimes there are really neat finds - you just have to look.

mistie900
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I love goodwill too. My mom works there and she always tells me about the good stuff so I can go pick it out lol.

zoehopemama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM

OOOOHHHHH I love it too!! I just got my DD 2 pairs of brand new namebrand jeans for $2 a pair!! I also love to get books from there. I have found tons of great stuff there. Sometimes though, I can't find anything LOL But yes, I love it too!

cryssi_renee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Our goodwill never has anything good.  It's very rare I find anything for my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)