Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else thinks......

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

that getting notified of a death in the family via text message is inappropriate?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Are you serious? Yes, very inappropriate...

SLGross215
by Sarah on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I agree. It takes more time to text than make the call, so why not just dial the number and talk to the person. I'd be highly pissed off if I found out that way.

FotoFlexer_Animation-2.gif #2 picture by SLGross215

isra1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Yes, it's wrong. It is also wrong to notify a mother over the phone that her daughter died (Happened to one of DH's cutsomers yesterday :( She was staninf ing line, got a phone call and started screaming, pulling her hair and passed out, someone called and told her while she had just been rlaxing on the beach, her daughter got in a car accident)

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

Remarkable_Mama

Dead serious...I woke up to a text message this morning telling me that my Uncle passed away about midnight last night....WTF!

the_kimmers

Depends on how close you are to the person...I made the mistake of texting my siblings about our grandmother's death in January and my sister's didn't like that...but we WERE NOT close to the woman at all and haven't seen or spoken to her in about 10 years, so I didn't think it was a big deal...now, if it were anyone else, I wouldn't have texted....

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

That is horrible.  A friend from college found out her family member died from Facebook.  :(  I think all this social networking is making some people forget how to behave decently.

isra1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM

That is horrible :(
They should have called. I am sorry for your loss :(

Quoting Remarkable_Mama:

Dead serious...I woke up to a text message this morning telling me that my Uncle passed away about midnight last night....WTF!

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

Remarkable_Mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

OH yes...FB! Well after the text I logged into the computer and it was already plastered all over FB...with all the RIP messages, etc. UMMMM My brother doesn't even know yet...and this is our father's brother for pete sakes!

countryspun

They should have called you. So very wrong to find out through a text. I am so sorry for your loss.

Ich-RayItch-Bay

Depends.  If it was someone that you hardly knew.  If it is a funeral you wouldn't attend... it's like email.  It's just part of communication now a days.  COmpletely unacceptable if you were close and would actually shed a tear for the loss.  If you wouldn't cry... why would it be inappropriate? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)