Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have the ParaGuard IUD? Is your hubby snipped? Poll! PLEASE!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What is your opinion of the ParaGuard IUD?

Options:

I have it and I love it!

I have it and I have no strong feelings one way or the other

I have it and I hate it!

I know someone that has it and loves it

I know someoe that has it and hates it

The infamous other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

I want to know all - do you like it? Hate it? Reasons? Would you recommend it?

I need some other form of BC than condoms and DH isn't ready to get snipped. I'm not crazy about OCPs.

On another note, anyone's DH snipped? Was it expensive? Did insurance help pay?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie

"Tolerance means I treat you with respect even when we totally disagree. You're a child of God. You're worthy of dignity. We may disagree, but we're going to tolerate each other, and even more than that, we can be friends. You're never going to please everybody. I don't need to agree with somebody in order to love them." - Rick Warren

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM

My friend has insurance through the state. They paid for her to have her tubes tied and also for her husband to get snipped.

Mandafers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Thanks!

Melame68
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM

i had the paragaurd IUD for 17 months. i would NOT EVER recommend it. it felt like labor getting the thing in. when i had a period...it was every 18 days and lasted 10-11 days. so i had 1 WEEK a month of no period. and during that period it was not light. i was GUSHING blood. like 2-3 super plus tampons and HOUR. then the pain. it hurt when i bent over, had cramps, had to pee. it moved and stabbed me when i picked anything up or had sex. when i had cramps during my period...i would be balled up on the floor crying it hurt so bad. i would NOT get an IUD ever again.

my exhusband is trying to get a vasectomy and my ex father in law is. insurance would consider it contraceptive and A LOT of insurances dont cover ANY contraceptive procedure. so make sure they cover that and then it should cover it at least part of it.

FranksHoney
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I have it and like it better than the Mirena.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Mandafers
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM

BUMP

superm0m87
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:49 PM

dont do it. it is high risk if you do get pregnant, which they say its very unlikely, but i seem to habve been hearing a lot of cases lately where it is happening. Your best bet is to try the good ol pill. lol its a pain in the ass to remember to take, but it works, and it has the least amount of side effects. and fyi, dont do depo.

Wendy_June
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I voted 'other' I had it put in but had such horrible cramps that she put me on oxycodone and I was still in pain. I got it taken out about 1 1/2 weeks after I had it put in. :P

When I talked to my Dr she said that it would be about $900 to get DH snipped. For getting tubes tied it would be $9000 for the old fashioned method and $3000 for Essure.

Mandafers
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Well I've been hearing a lot of negatives about the Paraguard. I am scared of hormonal birth control, so that's why it was appealing to me.

Hopefully soon I can talk DH into getting it done..

MOMby19
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I have it, but I haven't had enough periods to tell you if I like it or not. I've had 2 periods since I stopped bf'ing almost 6 months ago. They really hurt, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I was so... "backed up" from not having many periods.

I've had it for 11 months. I got it because hormonal bc makes me CRAZY!

TrevonsMommy
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Don't know anything about the IUD...But my husband is snipped...Yes insurance helped pay we just had the CoPay and it was under 100 dollars (dont remember the exact amount I would have to ask DH).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)