Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun toddler recipes...?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

My son has gotten really picky about hwat he'll eat. He's 15 months old. I'm lookin for good toddler friendly meals....anyone have any healthy ideas? He doesn't eat hot dogs, mac and cheese or thing like that. Healthy natural/organic ideas would be best. 

Thanks ladies :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbiMarcNkids
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM

BUMP!

VitaBangBang
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM

BUMP!

chelleybeans
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM

You could make PB&J (or any kind of sandwhich) and get those different shape cutters. Like the dolphins w/ a heart in the middle or dinosaurs. :D *shrug* My son loves food, he eats anything, LOL!

VitaBangBang
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

That's a cute idea. Right now he will only eat artichokes (WTH?) and tofu chicken. What kind of child eats artichokes??? And they're expensive here!!!!

Quoting chelleybeans:

You could make PB&J (or any kind of sandwhich) and get those different shape cutters. Like the dolphins w/ a heart in the middle or dinosaurs. :D *shrug* My son loves food, he eats anything, LOL!

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM

someone on here gave me a recipe for spinach nuggets. Let me see if I can find it and I'll PM it to you.

chelleybeans
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Ok, my son eats  most anything, but he won't eat that stuff! OMG I am jealous! LOL! That is so funny and so neat! LOL!

Quoting VitaBangBang:

That's a cute idea. Right now he will only eat artichokes (WTH?) and tofu chicken. What kind of child eats artichokes??? And they're expensive here!!!!

Quoting chelleybeans:

VitaBangBang
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Awesome. Thanks.

Quoting tinkerxbell:

someone on here gave me a recipe for spinach nuggets. Let me see if I can find it and I'll PM it to you.

IloveBilly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

My two year old loves spaghetti!! If you dont like regular pasta, I think they make wheat pasta!! Anyways, its brown looking!! But I also make white meat chicken for him I always bake it and he loves it especially when I bake it in Italian dressing!!! Will your child eat veggies? My kids love to eat broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, etc...all dipped in ranch dressing!!! A lot of times they will eat baked chicken in their salads!!! Or baked pork chops cut up into some long grain and wild rice!!! But those are just a few ideas!! Your baby may not like it but its not unhealthy. Good Luck sweetie!!!

marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

fruit pieces dipped in strawberry/vanilla yogurt. or sometimes veggies dipped in yogurt works well too. Wheat thin crackers with jelly/jam spread onto them. Whole grain bread slightly toasted in a toaster oven with a slice of cheese over it. Then decrust and cut into little squares. Scramble egg (cooked into chunks) is really good for brain development and my dd will eat that with steamed broccoli that she can just pick up and eat.  Steamed Pea's are fun to pick up and eat along with berries. if you are alright with peanut butter, sometimes i will make a peanut butter and banana sandwhich with crasains in them. lol well good luck. i need ideas too.I try to make it fun and healthy. and she does not eat what i eat. i try to make it simple and healthy so i can kee track of her nutrition

marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM

http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/toddlerlunch.htm

try this site. it has some neat ideas too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)