Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like he's going to jail...*UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 36 Replies

well, maybe.

I received a letter from local DHHR.  They have scheduled a letter with me and someone from the Bureau of Child Support Enforcement for this Friday.

They want me to sign a contempt petition for Bryce's sperm donor.

I really, REALLY hate dealing with them (especially because I know this is more about them not getting their money from him than it is about Bryce not getting his money from him) or anything having to do with him but I'll go and sign it and hope they actually follow through and throw his ass in jail (not like he's any good to the outside world) and while I am there I am going to find out what has to be done to get his rights revoked.

*I have never dealt with a contempt petition so I looked at the laws....it looks like even if I sign it the most jail time he would get is 6 months.  So, what is the point???  I don't care if he does to jail....I am never getting money from him, I knew that the second I found out I was pregnant. 

I hate this...he is not part of our lives...never has been...when I look at Bryce I see my husband and their memories together...not the sperm donor...I often forget that he exist and just about the time that I do, in comes DHHR with something to remind me.*

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM

goodluck

ECMOM970
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Once his rights are revoked...BTW he has to agree to sign them over! You no longer get that CS from him...Also something I never understood was putting a dead beat dad into jail or taking his DL - how in the heck do you think you are going to get money if he is in jail and cannot get to work....just a question I have always had!

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Thats all foreign to me. Here they file the contempt charges without me having to sign papers. As far as rights go-I know that in ND noone can just sign off on thier rights unless someone else is willing to take over for them. For example my sis ex tried signing off his rights so he wouldnt have to pay cs. But the kids stepdad didnt want to adopt so her grandma took over the rights foor him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Quoting ECMOM970:

Once his rights are revoked...BTW he has to agree to sign them over! You no longer get that CS from him...Also something I never understood was putting a dead beat dad into jail or taking his DL - how in the heck do you think you are going to get money if he is in jail and cannot get to work....just a question I have always had!

LOL, I don't get child support from him...he's about 12,000 behind.  And he doesn't have to sign them over...they can be revoked by the state on grounds of abandonment.

Let me also mention he's 70,000 behind on his daughter...doesn't work and mooches off family...I am never getting any money from him and I don't want it.  I would rather know that he can never ever EVER come anywhere near my child under any circumstances.

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

That isn't the case here but my husband is going to adopt Bryce.

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

Thats all foreign to me. Here they file the contempt charges without me having to sign papers. As far as rights go-I know that in ND noone can just sign off on thier rights unless someone else is willing to take over for them. For example my sis ex tried signing off his rights so he wouldnt have to pay cs. But the kids stepdad didnt want to adopt so her grandma took over the rights foor him.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Please dont assume they are all deadbeats just cuz their license is gone. My hubby has no license due to cs. His daughter was diagnosed with leukemia and he went to be with her while she was sick. Well he didnt work and ended p with contempt and his lisense was taken away. All because he thought spending time with her (SHE ALMOST DIED) was more important than going to work.

Quoting ECMOM970:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Thanks

Quoting littleluvkitty:

goodluck

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

BUMP!

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Is it bad that I don't care about the money and I just want him and anything to do with him to go away forever?

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Then why are you making an issue of this? How did anyone else even GET involved? When you didn't get your money, why did you do anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)