Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to those of you with trampolines...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 24 Replies

What do you do with it when it starts snowing?

I'm curious because we just set up a trampoline, and I've been trying to think of what to do with it come winter. I never had to deal with trampoline vs snow with my parents' trampoline back in California, lol.

Thanks!

ETA: We're in SW Ohio

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

We dismantle the whole thing and put it in the shed...edit to say we live in Idaho.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

they make a cover you can tie over the top.

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I'm from FL so I have no clue. Could you put a tarp or something over it?

lawmom623
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM

We leave ours out during the winter.  It is 10 years old and still structurally sound.  I live in NE Ohio.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM
We leave it out don't do anything with it. If we get a lot of snow on it we will get it off but other then we leave it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Kney-
by Courtney on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Oh btw I live in Iowa

Quoting -Kney-:

We leave it out don't do anything with it. If we get a lot of snow on it we will get it off but other then we leave it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM

so do we.  we don't get snow, we get blizzards.  LOL.  other than the swing set, i don't leave stuff outside. 

Quoting luv2wahm:

We dismantle the whole thing and put it in the shed...

I look at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I see in their eyes love and hope, fear and anxiety, sadness and betrayal...I am pissed. "God I say, "This is terrible, why don't you do something?" God was silent for a minute, then I heard..."I have done something, I created you."

stefvan

We leave it out year around.  In SC, we get snow once in a blue moon.

sometimesitis

We leave ours up.  The kids LOVE to jump on it when it snows on it.  Ok, we have only had snow once in 5 years, but even if we had it every year, we would leave it up. 

mommatothree01
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I live in TX, so we never have to take it down, but if I lived up north, I would take it down for the winter when the snow starts falling.  I grew up in northern ME, where we would get nor'easters that would dump tons and tons of snow.  I would worry all the snow would get too heavy and break it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)