Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

restless leg syndrome

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

im pretty sure i have restless leg syndrome. i actually think ive had it for a few years but never noticed bc ive never been on bedrest before.

right when i lay down at night, i feel like i have to rub my legs on my sheets or ill get this insane prickling sensation.  i found that keeping my legs shaved will reduce that sensation. i also toss and turn like no other, as long as my legs keep moving. i also get it on my arms sometimes.

i know theres no treatment or cure for it. but i need some sort of solution to get to sleep. im not falling asleep till 2am (i go to bed at 11) and i need my sleep.

Amber

pregnancy calendar

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Groove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

BUMP!

LiesLiesLies
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I havent found a way to treat it...it is a symptom of my fribromyalgia...and probably one of the worst ones.

judybant
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I'm assuming you're pregnant? If so, then talk to your doctor... you CAN possibly take something that will help. In all honesty, the ONLY thing that helped me, when I was pregnant, was to fill the tub up with warm water, put a towel over the top of me, to cover the parts that weren't under water, and I slept in the tub. It was a short, mobile home tub, so I didn't have to worry about drowning... and I don't suggest this, as a general rule... but the only time I didn't have to move, or didn't feel like there were bugs crawling under my skin was when they were submerged in water.

firefly63701
Requip is a med for it als quinine pills help as well if u can stand the taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahFire82

I have it sometimes, I have heard a lot of pregnant women get it and it goes away after you give birth. You prob can't do this if you're on bedrest but it helps me to just walk or pace the floors and also stretching my legs and arms out helps some times. I was on meds for it (mirapex) but it made me incredibly sleepy and loopy and it was expensive so I stopped taking it. After a few months the RLS was almost gone away.

SarahFire82
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM

My dr told me drink a glass of tonic water (has quinine in it) before I go to bed for RLS. I could never stomach the stuff but I saw in walgreens they have these homeopathic pills with quinine for RLS.

Quoting firefly63701:

Requip is a med for it als quinine pills help as well if u can stand the taste.

Groove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM

yes i am pregnant. i havent had the chance to bring up the rls issues bc of the baby's issues taking predominance. but i think i will the next time i see him. it drives me crazy. i remember having it in high school but i was also super active. and then after jade, i was always busy cleaning and working. and now, im nowhere near as active as i used to be.

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I have it and it can be horrendous.  Go to to your doctor and see what can be done.  There is a medication for it now, but I'm not sure how well it works.

trist22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I've always had it.. Mine feel like I have to get up and run a Marathon just to wear my legs out! It is quite annoying. Cutting back on Caffeine has helped.

Caitlin1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I havent found a way to treat it...it is a symptom of my fribromyalgia...and probably one of the worst ones.

Do you have fibromyalgia? I was diagnosed with it in 2000. The RLS drives me insane, but it's been over 10 years so I'm fairly used to it by now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)