Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being financially responsable is no fun!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM
  • 14 Replies
I wanted to take the kids to see dispicable me this weekend but after paying all the bills and doing some car repairs and all that fun stuff we have money for grocries gas and a little extra to put in savings for emergancies. sometimes i wish i could just go out and have fun and depend on other people to bale us out like some people in our family do lol. but we instead dont have the nicest stuff but our bills are paid and we never have to borrow money because we only spens money if we can afford it. NO FUN AT ALL LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momathome4k
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I truly understand.  You are creating good financial habits.

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM

yes its not fun to be responsible.  maybe you could buy the movie when it comes out and make a movie night at home.

Julielle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I completely agree! It sucks being responsible. My parents get upset with us because we don't go camping and such with them like his brothers's girls do. I told him that as soon as he acts like his brother and pays half of our bills, then we'll do stuff like that. Until then, we are surviving on our own and do only what we can afford to do.

mom2aprincess08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:13 PM

lol. yeah i hate barrowing  money for anything. But people around me  could care less and the fact they dont pay people back wow ..... but yeah i have being a growning up too.

LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM
oh yeah we will probably buy it i just thought it would be fun to take the kids to the movied the littlest has never been (shes 2). I'm basacily just bitching cause hubbys cousin and her husband just spent 3 days in vegas for a friends wedding and now they cant pay there bills and everyone is all poor them they have it so hard! pisses me off!!

Quoting littleluvkitty:

yes its not fun to be responsible.  maybe you could buy the movie when it comes out and make a movie night at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM
we had to borrow a lot when we first started out but that was 10 years ago when hubby was making crap working at firestone. now we are doing good but i have been trying to keep $300 in savings at least because our crappy insurance copay is 75 bucks for urgent care and 250 for the er. and incase hubby has to go out of town he needs money to eat

Quoting mom2aprincess08:

lol. yeah i hate barrowing  money for anything. But people around me  could care less and the fact they dont pay people back wow ..... but yeah i have being a growning up too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I completely agree :)

janel123
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

It's better in the long run to have a cushion. Life happens.

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM

me too... :( dh got a new job and the pay there is weird so we will not get a good pay check until the 10th of next mo... boooo.... I feel you. I want to go to the zoo and i want to take my dd and go help my friend move but we don't have the gas to drive 6 hours to help her... grrrr. yes being A RESPONSIBLE ADULT SUCKSS!!!!!

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM
I totally understand. I was able to take my son to see that movie on Sunday becuase I had a free ticket, and then when I paid for his ticket, my rewards card with the theatre gave me a free small popcorn so I got him that. The total trip was $7.50. Without the freebies it would have been like $20 and just didn't have that much to be able to spend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)