Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help from Mamas with Children who RUN!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 2 1/2 yr old DS is a runner. I mean he runs away from me constantly. I put him in time out, I scold him, Ive even swatted his butt because I just dont know what to do. Thank goodness we have chains on our doors, but if they arent hooked... he will RUN. Like all the way down the street. If we are at the store and hes not in the cart, he will run! One time I was at the register paying and he got loose, I left everything there to get him and he had already made it halfway through the parking lot. On top of it... he will also hide. It scares the heck out of me and I dont know what to do. He thinks its the funniest thing ever too! I just found out Im pregnant,  and my DH is going to be working 12 hrs a week, or may possibly work out of state for a month, and I dont know what Im going to do. Does anyone have any ideas? Im desperate!

ps: Ive tried the harness leash thing, and he wants me to drag him. He will not stand up and walk for the life of me.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MamaOlivia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM

BUMP

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Have you tried a wrist leash?

ditsyjo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I don't know my daughter doesn't "run" but if we don't watch she will just wander off... if she sees something that catches her attention. We haven't figure out what to do about it either and she is almost 5

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I'm not sure. Mine were neither one runners, always preferring to hold my hand. My nephew just takes off, though, from everyone except my mom and me. IDK why, but the first time he tried to run away from me, I yelled his full name - first, middle, and last - and he stopped dead in his tracks. I told him "NO! You do NOT run. You stay with ME." And that was that. He never tried again with me. But he still runs from my sister, the teachers at school, his dad's family, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)