Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trust issues

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so my hubby and I are working on our marriage and we are bothing working on me being able to fully trust him again. Well my mom wants me to come down for about a week at the end of September beginning of October but I am not sure if I can. I am scared of what might happen when I am gone. His brother will be moving in with us at the end of August and his brother is a very understanding helpful guy so would it be wrong of me to ask him to keep an eye on things while I am gone? I just want to know what goes on when I am gone so for the future I will know I have nothing to worry about. Would I be in the wrong here?

G is for giggly kids

O is for off to bed

O is for obviously sleepy

D is for dream a little dream for me

N is for nightie night

I is for invisible prayers

G is for getting kisses

H is for heavy eyelids

T is for tuck me in please

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jodyann2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM

honestly you are going to be wondering about him the intire time.. you wont even be able to enjoy yourself and probly start fighting.. maybe its too soon.. i wouldnt go.. thats just me though.. even though his brother may keep an eye on him.. he will stay loyal to his brother if needed..

Double.L
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I would not ask his brother that it's just an akward position to put someone in and even if your trust issues are valid it's makes you seem insecure and like you don't think very highly of your husband. I have trust issues with everyone, always have, so I just wouldn't go but I would never say that's why to them.

goodnightmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

See I thought about that also. I know his brother is a pretty honest guy but I am not sure if he would lie for his brother either. I have a hard time trusting people and I used to trust my hubby whole heartily and I also know it is going to take a long while for me to trust him that much again and that I will not fill comfortable untell I can trust him that much again. I don't even know if either one off us are taking the right steps to bring my trust back all I do know is neither one of us are done trying.

Quoting jodyann2:

honestly you are going to be wondering about him the intire time.. you wont even be able to enjoy yourself and probly start fighting.. maybe its too soon.. i wouldnt go.. thats just me though.. even though his brother may keep an eye on him.. he will stay loyal to his brother if needed..

G is for giggly kids

O is for off to bed

N is for nightie night

G is for getting kisses

H is for heavy eyelids

goodnightmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM

yes my reasons are very valid and I am trying to work on my insecurities as well I think I am not going to go because I think that would be rushing things to fast thank you now I jsut need to figure out what to tell my mom because she really wants to see her grandkids.

Quoting Double.L:

I would not ask his brother that it's just an akward position to put someone in and even if your trust issues are valid it's makes you seem insecure and like you don't think very highly of your husband. I have trust issues with everyone, always have, so I just wouldn't go but I would never say that's why to them.

G is for giggly kids

O is for off to bed

N is for nightie night

G is for getting kisses

H is for heavy eyelids

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM

send the kids and tell her you want to spend some time alone with your dh and you and your dh will come up and get them together?

becca1980
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I just really don't know if I could stay married to someone that I cant trust  so I  cant help but here is a bump hope that you get everything straightened out

Mrs.Jolly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Maybe ask you mom to come see the kids she should understand that you need to be around dh to work on your marrige
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I would need to know my family could handle my youngest's diabetes first. and it would most liekly be me meeting them half way cause hubby does not like road trips

Quoting crazymama1008:

send the kids and tell her you want to spend some time alone with your dh and you and your dh will come up and get them together?

G is for giggly kids

O is for off to bed

N is for nightie night

G is for getting kisses

H is for heavy eyelids

jodyann2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM

thats a great idea!

Quoting crazymama1008:

goodnightmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)