Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

great, ridiculous and sad all in one....blah

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

This weekend was a mixture of things.

The great:

We spent 3 days camping, the kids had a BLAST! They loved sleeping in a tent and all the other things we did! I was really worried about how they were gonna take it since they are only 3 and 2 but they did really well and can't wait to go again!

The ridiculous:

My ex best friend and her boyfriend (my ex best friend as well) were camping at the same campground we were. We haven't spoke in over a year because her and her b/f got into drugs real bad and I wont have that in my life. They do drugs in front of her 2 y/o son and several ppl have tried to have him taken out of that house but for some reason CPS won't take him. Well...I was staying away from them, didnt wanna cause any drama or anything, I just wanted to have fun with my family.

The first morning we were there I ran into her in the bathroom, she looked all strung out as normal but I didnt say anything to her, and she rolled her eyes at me. I let it go and left. Later that night, her boyfriend came over to our site and asked if he could take my kids up to visit with him, his girlfriend and her son. I of course told him no way and he got mad and left.

The next day my cousin (our whole family was camping for our family reunion) asked if she could take my DD up to the camp store with her and I had no problem with that, my cousin is 19 and responsible, plus they were only going a 3 minute walk away.  After like a half hour and they werent back I went to look for them, I wasn't really worried because we know A LOT of people up there (we have camped there every summer since I was a toddler) and most of our family was there, I figured she found someone to talk to that we haven't seen in awhile.  Well....I was right but she wasn't talking to family, apparently my ex best friend had stopped to talk to my DD  and my cousin asked her who she was and she told her "oh i'm friends with her mom, gin, she knows im here, we just havent got a chance to hang out together yet" I was FURIOUS! I took DD back to our site and didnt allow her to go anywhere without me, my parents or DF the rest of the weekend!

Ex best friend and b/f were there all weekend too and continued to drive/walk past our site numerous times a day and call out to my kids. They would see us in the pool and have to come get in too and slowly get close to my kids and start talking to them. It was all just ridiculous! I was SOO glad to come home last night!

Now the sad...

While we were gone my sister's ob/gyn called with the results of her sonogram (she has placenta previa and they are watching it) and they said that her placenta previa hasn't moved at all and now they found a choroid plexus cyst on her baby's brain. They said its nothing serious and it should go away since all her genetic tests came back negative but its still scary. I feel so bad cause she is having all kinds of problems.

Ok vent overrr. Hope you all had a great weekend!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
colins_mom
by Heather on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM
Awe that stuff with the ex friend is crazy! Get a clue lady! (To the other chick not you op) and as for your sister, a lady I work with had something like that with her dd and she is fine and happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vsoul0608
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Quoting colins_mom:

Awe that stuff with the ex friend is crazy! Get a clue lady! (To the other chick not you op) and as for your sister, a lady I work with had something like that with her dd and she is fine and happy!

I know! Seriously! When I saw her talking to DD at the camp store I told her to stay away from me and my kids, obviously the drugs have burnt her out so much that she doesn't understand common english! As for my sister, she is hanging in there pretty good but she's worried, mostly about the placenta previa but getting the news of the cyst on top of that kinda threw her for a loop.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

goodnightmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Some people just are plain ignorant. as for your sister I hope everything turns out for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)