Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't poop in the potty!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

My DD turned 3 in the beginning of May. She has been pee potty trained since April. She wears big girl panties 24 hours a day. Never has pee pee acidents. But she poops in her panties everyday! I don't know what to do. She has pooped in the potty a couple times and we have made HUGE deals of it. Singing, dancing, stickers for her chart, special treats. I want her to be able to start preschool in the fall and at this point I don't want to sign her up and pay the reg fee if she's not going to go. KWIM? Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
art.diva
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Its completely normal and there are many reasons for it.  So you just need to find her reason not to poop on the potty, and go from there.

MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM

My son turned four in January and is just now going on the potty for number 2.  He wasn't going to go on his own until he was ready and as much as we wanted to fight it we just had to deal with it.

isleysmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM

BUMP!

Vsoul0608
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Same boat as you! Lol. DD is 3 and has been pee potty trained since Dec. never has pee accidents but poops in her panties EVERYDAY! She has pooped in the potty twice but she says "its too hard" I just dont get it. Lol.

LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Getting my girls to poop was always harder than peeing. I eventually figured out my girls knew the concept and just began spanking for poopy butts. Don't know how orthodox that is...but it worked.

SillyMama951
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Well from seeing a couple post. I feel lucky my son is almost 2 and pee's and poops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)