Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And now the position becomes available...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have been waiting for a job opening all summer. It is less pay, but it is more seasonal with summer's off..working at a Head Start..I have a degree in early childhood education. Anyhow, I like where I work now the pay is higher etc. Well, mom broke her hip on July 3rd and with my current job, they are working with me on the time off(they have reduced my hours), I will be taking FMLA with pay for a couple of weeks when mom is back home(to get her situated and to assist her with her rehabilitation..etc.)

I know I should just stay where I am..it makes so much more sense given the current situation...it was just frustrating to receive the email stating this position was finally open....

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Well, if you really want Summer's off and can take the cut in pay, I say go for it!

*edit* lol, Summers not Summer's....

With light and love

luv2wahm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Anything I make now basically goes into a retirement account...I am just worried about taking on a new job..and then needing time off to help care for mom..especially when my current company is being so supportive...gah!!!

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Well, if you really want Summer's off and can take the cut in pay, I say go for it!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I forgot to say  sorry about your mom, hope she mends quickly!  I say, apply and if they are interested in you you could discuss the situation with your mom with them.  Is it a start tomorrow type of position?

Quoting luv2wahm:

Anything I make now basically goes into a retirement account...I am just worried about taking on a new job..and then needing time off to help care for mom..especially when my current company is being so supportive...gah!!!

Quoting Lunarprancer:

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)