Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips for a Kid Friendly Livingroom

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son started walking this week and WOW how quickly I have realized that my livingoom is not very kid friendly. He is into everything. No matter how many times I sweep the hardwood, he keeps finding things. Any good tips on how to make my livingroom as kid friendly as possible, but still an adult comfortable room...

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Joybeyondreason
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Maybe get a rug and some small tubs to put his toys in that can stay in the living room?

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I second the rug idea, and a basket or something to put his toys in so he can go into that when he's in the living room instead of the little crumbs.

Elayna90
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM
rugs are great but they will still find little things. i swear i swept my livingroom every hour when my kids were awake and they constantly found stuff. but rugs do help some.
you can get an ottoman with storage space for his toys too so they aren't just out. maybe a bookshelf with the lower two shelves for him to "get into"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM
rugs are great but they will still find little things. i swear i swept my livingroom every hour when my kids were awake and they constantly found stuff. but rugs do help some.
you can get an ottoman with storage space for his toys too so they aren't just out. maybe a bookshelf with the lower two shelves for him to "get into"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Quoting Elayna90:

this is exactly what I decided to do today. He already had an ottoman with his toys, but the bookshelf was a huge issue. I emptied the bottom shelf and instead filled it with his books and rubber duckie collection. It really brings a pop of color to the livingroom and so far he seems to be enjoying it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)