Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED ADVISE BAD!!!(MOMS WITH TEEN DRIVERS)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

My oldest is turning 16 yr old in 16 days and i am starting to freak out.  I have not driven with him at all my hubby takes him driving and so does my mom.  When I see him driving I get so sick to my stomach..How do I get over this?? If I don't I will be one basket case when he starts driving on his own..Everyone he drives with says he does fine..Please give me some advise on what you did

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

15YR             13YR            5YR             4YR

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Brooke501
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

GO DRIVING WITH HIM! It is the only way for you to help lessen(sp) your fears. Besides, he needs the practice.

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

My son has his permit and he will be back home in August.  I absolutely can't wait to take him out driving!!  I am so looking forward to it!!

My oldest SS will be 15 next month, but his mom put him in Driver's Ed already.  I'm not sure exactly how long his classes are and when he will get his permit, but I think it will be fun to take him out driving, as well. 

I'm sure once we get into the truck and they start driving, I will be working my imaginary brakes on the other side!!  LOL  Then, I will probably be scared......

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

3boyz1princess
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I can try but we might not make it out of the subdivision before I pass out or throw up..I seriously am freaked out..and I dont know why..when he got his permit almost a year ago I was so excited and could not wait to drive with him but still never have..

Quoting Brooke501:

GO DRIVING WITH HIM! It is the only way for you to help lessen(sp) your fears. Besides, he needs the practice.

3boyz1princess
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I was the same way but I cant do it..he will say mom do you want me to drive and I say no I will but thanks..Maybe because in the beginning he did not want to drive he was scared so the fear went to my head...IDK..

Quoting jucyfrut:

My son has his permit and he will be back home in August.  I absolutely can't wait to take him out driving!!  I am so looking forward to it!!

My oldest SS will be 15 next month, but his mom put him in Driver's Ed already.  I'm not sure exactly how long his classes are and when he will get his permit, but I think it will be fun to take him out driving, as well. 

I'm sure once we get into the truck and they start driving, I will be working my imaginary brakes on the other side!!  LOL  Then, I will probably be scared......

jucyfrut
by LITTLE BIT on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Everyone keeps telling me to start out in a big parking lot.  We live in the city and I really don't want to start him out with all of that traffic. 

When we go to my mom's house, I will let him drive around the back streets.  There are no stoplights, or 4 way stops in that small town, so that shoudl be pretty easy.

My son has had his permit for quite awhile already, but he hasn't wanted to go our driving with his Dad and Stepmom.  I don't know why...... he might be a little afraid, himself.  

Quoting 3boyz1princess:

I was the same way but I cant do it..he will say mom do you want me to drive and I say no I will but thanks..Maybe because in the beginning he did not want to drive he was scared so the fear went to my head...IDK..

Quoting jucyfrut:

While you were too busy being so judgemental of others, you forgot to lock your closet door~~and all the skeletons fell out!!  OOPS!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)