Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weed killer and pregnancy

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am sick of my shittry looking yard. I want the weeds dead. Some of them are six feet tall. My husband bought a giant thing of roundup a month ago and hasn't done anything about it. Is it safe for me to use? I'm three months pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM
I would assume so as long as you don't get it on you and don't stand downwind from the spray. Have you tried googling the active ingredient?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natalex26
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM

should be fine, you will be out side and all....just dont spray into the wind...you dont want it blown onto you...

ColieO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Men are so frustrating!!!! I start getting everything set up and my husband starts bitching about how we need to just wait. Wait for what??!! The weeds to choke us out??!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I wouldn't touch that stuff when I was pregnant, stayed away from those type of chemicals period.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I used it at 6 months preggo.  My dh sucks about doing yard work so I have to get my pregnant butt out there and pull weeds.

klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM

You should be fine, I've been weed killing lately too, they're horrible!   Just don't inhale it and try to not get any on you.

CafeMom Tickers
Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

i used round up on my driveway cracks, and we bought an attachement for the lawn weeds on the hose and i did that.. im 34 weeks prego, as long as your outside and ventilated i see no issue. but no round up on the lawn, it will kill it all  lol

ColieO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM
What lawn? Lol. Seriously. Its ALL weeds. It was a foreclosure and nobody lived in here at least a year before we bought it.

Quoting Ajanee12:

i used round up on my driveway cracks, and we bought an attachement for the lawn weeds on the hose and i did that.. im 34 weeks prego, as long as your outside and ventilated i see no issue. but no round up on the lawn, it will kill it all  lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)