Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i CANT cook

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

yup that's right before i had dd i ate once a day, her father has bad eating habit's too. my mother never really cooked but she is a REALLY good cook yet can't/wont help me out:(....also dd is allergic to milk, eggs, and all nuts i am pregnant with #2 and dd is 19 months it's past time for me to learn how to cook better real family meals.....also i dont only need recipes and ideas i'd like actually instructions or advice/tips how to make it taste good what to season with....thank you all any help and bumps are welcome

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM

There is a great book called How to Cook (Almost) Everything - I highly advise it. The author gives tips from the basics of boiling water, to how to cook and carve a Thanksgiving turkey, and beyond. Then, once you've gotten the hang of certain basic skills, you can try recipes online at allrecipes.com or cooks.com and other sites where you can find recipes that don't include the things your dd is allergic to, or provide ideal substitutions for those ingredients to make standard recipes work.

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Go to allrecipes.com....it will become your friend.

deliela
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Try www.ehow.com. Type in Deliela123 in the search box. There recipes I wrote that should help you. Pm me if you have any questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

thank you ladies

bamababe i will look for that book and request it for my birthday in september

delicela thanks i will look tonight after dd goes to bed

MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM
bump so I can reply when I am not on my phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaboudreaux
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM

You sound like me!!!!!!

mommypeezee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM

i like campbellskitchen.com. they provide pictures of all of their food so i know i'm on the right track. their meals are budget friendly and include things that are in your pantry already, just add the specific soups to your market list.

good luck!

LStambaugh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Go to allrecipes.com....it will become your friend.

I second that!  I also like recipezarr.com.  I love that people can review the recipes and let you know what did and didnt work for them.

trist22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quit saying "can't" and start saying "I'm a beginner!" :)  Start with looking up simple recipes and adding one or two new ones each grocery period. Pretty soon you will have your family favorites that you will perfect. Always a good ( easy) tip... use chicken broth in place of alot of recipes that call for water ( or milk), use in stuffing, rice, mashed potatoes, etc. Perfect a few sauces and then try out new pasta and vegetable variations with them. 

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM
the biggest tip i would say is make sure you arent using too high of heat. get on youtube & watch 5 ingredient fix. it's easy meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)