Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Andrea Yates

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 138 Replies

So, I am watching this thing on  Andrea Yates. Do you all think she was evil or really ill? I think she was just very ill. I believe she shouldn't have kept having kids and she obviously had post perdum depression. I understand if your illness is under control if you continue to have kids, but hers wasn't. I know she and her husband believed like the duggers about GOD would bless them with as many kids as he did and not to use bc, etc...but her husband should have been smarter and thought, you know, she isn't healthy, we will take precautions until Andrea became better. I know they were strong GOD believers but was it GOD's will to have that happen to those babies? Obviously, I suppose, if GOD knew her problems and GOD still would say don't take precautions. I don't know, it just made me think about a few things. What do you all think?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Very very ill

Smcclellan7080

Honestly I believe while she was sick, she is still evil. She should have told someone she was having those thoughts. INSTEAD of killing her children. I believe she should be in prison for the rest of her life!

krazymom2k03

Quoting MomX04:

Very very ill

brittany89
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM
I think shes psycho. Im watching it too. And her husband shouldnt have left her alone with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i was just going to post this!! i started watching but my son decided spongebob was more important so im DVRing it. i followed this story very closely during my senior year of highschool. i believe she was and is sick, severly severly sick. i will answer more when i finish watching

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM

That story is heartbreaking.  I find it really sad that no one in her family saw the pain that she was in.  The church her family was involved in was very much like a cult.  It is sickening, I believe her husband was abusive as well for not helping her the way that he should have.  It just makes me very sad.

LiesLiesLies

I actually don't understand the whole "insanity" defense in this country.

Clearly anyone who intends on killing another human being is insane...so should they all get to plead that?

momma4114

I definitely believe she should be put awawy for life, but mental illness is more than black and white. She had gone to hospitals so many times and let go because of insurance, etc...But they could have stopped having kids. You know. Why would the husband, the head of the house, know she has all these issues and keep impregnanting her. She had told ppl she had thought of killing one of the kids and saw blood.

SThompson21

OK so as i was reading your post, all i could think was...if God wanted me to have a lot of children...my birth control would fail.  ;o)

who is andrea yates?

MyraEllen

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

Honestly I believe while she was sick, she is still evil. She should have told someone she was having those thoughts. INSTEAD of killing her children. I believe she should be in prison for the rest of her life!

In the state of mind she was in, she probably had NO idea what she was doing, she honestly thought she was "helping" her children.  She was THAT insane.  That being said, I agree.  This woman needs to be in a mental hospital for a very very VERY long time.  She needs some serious help.

Don't get me started on the husband.  There was nothing wrong with that a**hole's mind, he was just too involved in his own life and how he wanted it to be to notice his wife was batsh*t insane.  NO sympathy for him at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)