Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you stop someone from drinking while pregnant?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 39 Replies
A girl I know is a bad alcoholic. She sobered up for 2 years, her life got straight...she is 8 weeks pregnant and engaged to be married this Saturday. This last week she has "gone off the wagon" She is binge drinking, I mean totally slobbering drunk. Her DF cancelled the wedding this morning. I want to know if there is any type of legal action, CPS, whatever...that can stop her from harming this baby with alcohol. Isn't it some form of child abuse? Please help! Idk what to do. She WILL NOT listen to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Remarkable_Mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I've heard of women being locked up to prevent them from drinking while they are pregnant.  I'm not sure what I would do....she kinda has to be the one to want to stop doing it.  Can't control her every move, etc......very sad!

SassyPainter
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I don't think there is anything you can do, but maybe someone has an idea.....

Brianav
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting SassyPainter:

I don't think there is anything you can do, but maybe someone has an idea.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphinhj

From what I have been told there isn't much that can be done.  Her body, her choice.  I know it varies from state to state, but my son's bm  did every drug under the sun when she was pg and she didn't get in trouble until after he was born and the drug test were done at that point which resulted in her other child being taken from her care also.  Good luck and I hope your friends gets the help she needs.

bananahammock1

Punch her in the mouth..

mb1hotmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM
If that's what it would take, I think she should be. I'm so mad/sad right now!

Quoting Remarkable_Mama:

I've heard of women being locked up to prevent them from drinking while they are pregnant.  I'm not sure what I would do....she kinda has to be the one to want to stop doing it.  Can't control her every move, etc......very sad!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Tell her to stop being a selfish bitch!

mb1hotmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM
I love you.

Quoting bananahammock1:

Punch her in the mouth..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Did she have formal treatment to get sober last time?  If so try to get her reengaged into that program.

Does she have family who would participate in some sort of intervention?  Try to convince her to go into treatment?  Because if she's been drinking a long time, she can't just "quit."  She's going to need some help and support to get it done.  With some people AA works, some people need more than that.

PM me if you want, I work at an addiction treatment center.

mommaboudreaux
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Not sure?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)