Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

I dont know what the heck we are going to do hubby called this morning to tell me the stupid car broke down on his way to work!!! He said it started overheating and before he could get off the free way it seized up. AAA just dropped it off in the driveway and his boss picked him up to get him to work I'm sure he can drive the work truck home tonight but he wont be able to keep driving it because his boss will get in trouble. We dont have the $ for a down on a new car and I dont think anyone can really help us I dont now what we are going to do I'm freaking out here I hope my uncle has something hubby can drive to and from work for a while but nothing will be big enough for the 7 of us to fit in I'm about to have a nervous break down CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus we just spent money on brakes and u joints!!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2One881
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Is there anybody at work he can carpool with? Do you have a bus system he may be able to take?

MamaBloom777
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Oh no :(  I'm so sorry.  Well, is that car paid off?  Some places will still give you money for a car (even if it needs repairs, they can sell it for the parts) and you could use that as a down payment on a new(er) car if you needed to.  I'm so sorry!  I hate car issues.

Try not to stress out too hard.  You guys will figure it out.  Stressing's not going to make the car fix itself.  I know its not easy....but you'll worry yourself to death.  Deep breaths! 

angelove8
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

oh that sucks....we've been there before....my hubby had to ride the bus for a full month till our inlaws let us use their old car.

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Relax.It could be just a hose or radiator or thermometer. None of those are too expensive to fix. Good Luck.

It may not be dead, most cars will stall when over heating-it doesn't mean tey are dead necessarily

LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Quoting Mommy2One881:

Is there anybody at work he can carpool with? Do you have a bus system he may be able to take?

Unfortunately his work hours are not regular some days he starts at 3 am some days its 8:30 and he may work until 9 or 10 heck the other night he didnt pull into the driveway until 11 pm. His normal hours are 8:30 to 5 but if a job comes up he cant turn it down cause he has a bus to catch. Hes a heavy equipment field mechanic so he has to do the work where and when it happens

LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Relax.It could be just a hose or radiator or thermometer. None of those are too expensive to fix. Good Luck.

It may not be dead, most cars will stall when over heating-it doesn't mean tey are dead necessarily

if my hubby wasnt a mechanic I wouldnt be so freaked out but he is and said he will probably have to pull the engine to see whats wrong and if he can even fix it Yeah we"re screwed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)