Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any super moms in the house? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

My first week ever of college was last week... my house was a mess until Friday night (when I stayed up until 2am cleaning), I didn't get to bed before midnight until Saturday night when I passed out on the couch in the middle of reading, and my laundry keeps secretly multiplying behind my back until it's out of control. So, how do you ladies do it!? My school is even completely online! :( I thought it would be easier to do everything than this. Every spare minute I have has been consumed with writing an essay, reading text books, and reading lectures. I can't survive like this for the next 5 years!

I have an almost 1 year old and an almost 3 year old. I have a daily planner (complete with specified hours for studying and cleaning, but college is a lot harder than I imagined.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnglNaturalMama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM
I have one child but i guess the thing thats made it easier for me is letting the house be a little messy. at first i made myself crazy trying to keep up but then i realized for my sanity that i had to relax a little. i get what i can done on the weekends but if toys dont get picked up every night, its not the end of the world
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMby19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Quoting SnglNaturalMama:

I have one child but i guess the thing thats made it easier for me is letting the house be a little messy. at first i made myself crazy trying to keep up but then i realized for my sanity that i had to relax a little. i get what i can done on the weekends but if toys dont get picked up every night, its not the end of the world

That's how I am, too. But now the laundry is falling behind and the dishes get overwhelming. I'm hoping this week will go better. I'm REALLY hoping that it just keeps getting easier.

06NavyWife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Do a load of laundry as soon as you get up in the morning. The when the washer's done you throw it in the dryer and put another load in. You can study or do homework while the washer and dryer are going. As far as the kitchen I've found that keeping the dishwasher empty is the easiest. As soon as it's done, put the dishes away so you can put the dirty ones in there, so they aren't all over the kitchen. KWIM? It's hard to find the right balance! Try to not worry about it too much!

amymarie0315
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I absolutely agree with this. It might take a while, but you will get a routine down and then it will be MUCH easier! I completed my 4 year degree almost completely online and am just now starting my masters degree, again online. :)

Best of luck!! :)

Quoting 06NavyWife:

Do a load of laundry as soon as you get up in the morning. The when the washer's done you throw it in the dryer and put another load in. You can study or do homework while the washer and dryer are going. As far as the kitchen I've found that keeping the dishwasher empty is the easiest. As soon as it's done, put the dishes away so you can put the dirty ones in there, so they aren't all over the kitchen. KWIM? It's hard to find the right balance! Try to not worry about it too much!

messijessi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM
I have 3 little girls ages 1,3 , and 5 . I am a full time student , full time employee and I run my own business . I am 1 busy single mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMby19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Quoting amymarie0315:

I absolutely agree with this. It might take a while, but you will get a routine down and then it will be MUCH easier! I completed my 4 year degree almost completely online and am just now starting my masters degree, again online. :)

Best of luck!! :)

Quoting 06NavyWife:

Thank you, ladies!! I was so worried that the next 5 years are going to be like this... I don't think I could handle 260 more weeks like last week. lol.

MOMby19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Quoting messijessi:

I have 3 little girls ages 1,3 , and 5 . I am a full time student , full time employee and I run my own business . I am 1 busy single mom!

Oh my gosh!! You really are a super mom!!!

Docs.Wife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Take a deep breath and relax. The mess isn't going anywhere, things don't have to be perfect. As long as your house is safe for your children, and relatively picked-up, you'll be okay. A better routine will start lining up, and then you'll be able to do it all.

MOMby19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting Docs.Wife:

Take a deep breath and relax. The mess isn't going anywhere, things don't have to be perfect. As long as your house is safe for your children, and relatively picked-up, you'll be okay. A better routine will start lining up, and then you'll be able to do it all.

Lol. Thank you. That's what my SO pointed out to me. I'm not a neat freak or anything, but the dishes pile up fast after the dishwasher is ran and I swear the laundry turns into rabbits and mulitplies in our sleep! lol.

lexi2alex
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I only have two kids. A 3 year and a 1 year. I don't work. But my husband went back to being an over the road driver. So it has been tough. It is hard keeping up with the laudry, dishes and the house. And I am trying to take some classes online. I was taking two classes at a time but I dropped down to 1 class at time just so I could get it done. It will be hard at times but it will get better. Never give up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)