Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

offensive?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

My Dh was cutting his grandmothers lawn the other day, she asked how I was and he told her I have my good days and bad days.. sometimes I get sick, sometimes I don't.  It all just depends on the day!  So she gets all serious and says "umm shes not drinking is she?"  Mind you shes a very "with it" grandma extremely opinionated..  I was sort of offended by the statement.  Like I would ever do anything to put my child's unborn life in danger!! Am I being sensitive??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM

That's too funny!  Don't get mad, just let it go...

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

it was only a question; your DH statement was kind of open-ended

mommaboudreaux
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Don't be offended, I really don't think she met anything by it.

bridget2121
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I wouldnt be as offened if this was the first time shes said something semi offensive.. shes made comments before I was pregnant about how i've gained weight and how much she weighed and how much i eat.. I'm a size 3 for gods sakes.. lol  she's a very over opionated person!  I have been avoiding her all summer because she always has something nasty to say..

Shauna71904
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM

too sensitive... must be hormones. It was probably a joke! haha Id laugh and say hmmmm did I have too much tequila last night? oh nope must be pregnancy sickness

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I agree with some of the others. She's an old lady and sometimes you just have to forgive some of the butt headed things they say. My neighbor is really the sweetest lady but sometimes she says things that come off very offensive, but I know she doesn't mean to.

Charweba
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quoting momcat437:

That's too funny!  Don't get mad, just let it go...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)