Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for Christians

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm curious where in the bible it says we are born sinners? I don't know the bible as well as I should, and I don't recall reading that. I know it says we are all sinners, but idk where it says we are BORN sinners. A little help please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AirForceWife14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audriesmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Rom. 5:12, 18, 19 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned...Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Psalm 51:5

Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

This has to do with "original sin"

momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Romans 5:12 states: "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned."  In other words, we were born with sin through Adam--just like if you had a bread pan with a dent in it, all the loaves of bread you ever make with that pan will have a dent in them...

SillyMama951
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Because of Adam And Eve.  They are our ancestors!  But kids dont go to hell if they die.  Like babies that die God takes them in.  Because they are innocence!

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Sorry, but my son was innocent at birth and still is at age 6. He's as innocent as they come and has no such thing as "sin" in him.

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

And I wasn't a "sinner" until I did something I knew I shouldn't do because it was against morals. I know you called Christians in this post, but it's a public forum so I'm welcomed here as well. :p

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM

http://www.gotquestions.org/inherit-sin.html

Maybe this will help.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM

It's not said; it's implied. And there are two identifiable types of sin, the original sin or sins of the father from Adam and Eve, then the sin that comes from when you know right from wrong and choose to do wrong anyways.

jillbailey26
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting SillyMama951:

Because of Adam And Eve.  They are our ancestors!  But kids dont go to hell if they die.  Like babies that die God takes them in.  Because they are innocence!

There is an Age of Accountability

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)