Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kirby???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM
  • 46 Replies

anyone have thier vaccums?? i am getting a demo done right now and thinking of purchasing one but not u sure any advice? i didnt get it! thanks for the advice ladies

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectingmomof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

DON'T!! I had one and hated it!! The shampoo only surface cleans, no deep cleaning, no matter what they say. Spend your money on a Dyson!! I am a vacuum freak, use mine 3-5 times a day, seriously!! My Dyson is nearly 5 years old and still sucks like it did day 1. Often QVC or HSN has it on flex pay too!!

momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Don't let them pressure you into buying something you can't afford (who can afford one of them??)--I have an Oreck and it's the best vacuum I ever had!

momtwoboys921
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I have a kirby w/o shampoo, a rainbow w/o shampoo and a small dyson ball.  I like the kirby, BUT, it is heavy and putting on the atachments are always a pia to me.  I like the rainbow because I have pets, (atachments) and I can throw out the nasty stuff every time.  I hate it because I have to drag that little R2D2 around with me, lol, and he likes to get tangled up and once even fell down the stairs as I dragged the little butthole by.  I use my little dyson for the in between big vacuum days on my hardwood and tile.  IMPO the rug always looks better with the kirby, seems to puff up the pile better, but I use the rainbow more.  Good luck.  Oh and my next vacuum (long time from now, lol) will probably be a big dyson, my friend has one and she loves it.

klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

DONT!  Finish the demo, and say thanks but no thanks.  Those things are expensive as hell and not worth it.  Get a Dyson, a fraction of the price and an awesome machine!

Mommavieve
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM
I have one and I love it, but I definitely wish I hadn't bought it from the demo guy. Try finding one on Craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectingmomof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM

No kidding I think a Krap Kirby cost more than my first car!LOL

Quoting momcat437:

Don't let them pressure you into buying something you can't afford (who can afford one of them??)--I have an Oreck and it's the best vacuum I ever had!

Julielle

I have a Kirby. It's old as sin. My Step mom give me hers when she got a new one. I like it, but I would much rather have a Dyson.

christiea
Exactly

Quoting expectingmomof3:

DON'T!! I had one and hated it!! The shampoo only surface cleans, no deep cleaning, no matter what they say. Spend your money on a Dyson!! I am a vacuum freak, use mine 3-5 times a day, seriously!! My Dyson is nearly 5 years old and still sucks like it did day 1. Often QVC or HSN has it on flex pay too!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
courtnij
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

i have one dont buy it they cost way to much money and you have to go to a kirby store the all the bags and shampoos a pack of 3 bags runs about $20 for me as well as a bottle of shampoo runs about 15 i can do my 4 bed rooms 2 times on one bottle

i was horribly preasured into mine the guy was at my house 4 5 hrs and sat there while i was on the phone with my hubby who was in iraq for 2 hrs

MaeHamMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

My first thought was "Why is she asking about my son?"

rolling on floor

No, I don't own a Kirby vacuum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)