Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help.....(circumcision) piog

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

IDK what the right thing to do is....... I circumcised my son, at the time I felt it was what you do, and well I was pressured GREATLY into doing it. I cried my eyes out the day it was done, and yes my son is FINE...... My dilema now is do I circumcise the new baby? I really didn't want to have James done but I did it anyways. My biggest issue w not doing it is I do not want him to feel different from his brother and his dad...... and also I don't want some sort of problem later on and wind up having to do it when he is older like what happened to my cousins son. Ijust really don't know what to do. I seriously would rather NOT put my baby thru that ....... I just don't know if that is the right decision to make.

Any of you have 2 boys ? One circumcised and one NOT circumcised?

night owls

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrevonsMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM

We have 3 boys 1 circ'd 2 not (and hubby is)...Its not an issue for us, never has been. We just teach them everyone is different and everyone's body is different as well...That seems to be a good enough explanation for them. (they are ages 10, 8 and 2).

beerebelly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM

yep.  The two oldest are, the baby no.  And this is what my 9 yo ds said to me:  I said don't you guys ever tease TJ because he looks different from you guys.  He said "why would we tease him, we're the ones that got part of our penis cut off, not him"  I thought it was cute.  It should be fine if you don't circ the new baby.  Good luck.

John, Steven, Brenna & TJ

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Wow, w all the circumcision drama I see in here I really thought there would be more replies LOL Thanks ladies who did reply, I am going to have to really think this thru, I am having this baby in 3 days, and it's a decision that HAS to be made either way.

jdscirto
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I would do it mainly so he doesn't feel different than his father and brother. 

Lisabrenner
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I have 2 boys, both are done, but it was also a religious decision for us as well.  If religion did not play a roll, I think I would still have done both boys anway.  Good luck!

acaisha
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM

none of mine are but my husband is.. my thoughts are if there ever comes a time when they question it I will just explain to them that the thoughts on circimcision have changed over time and now we know its not really necessary so we left you just as you were born.. but honestly.. none of my kids have ever really asked.. they are 15, 12, 2, and 7 months. I think you just have to follow your heart on this one.

klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I don't have boys, but if you truly feel it was a mistake with the first, don't feel like you have to circumcise the second.  Have you spoken to your son's pediatrician to get their feedback on your upcoming baby?

lcappytan05
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I just have the one son. He's circ'd. If I have another boy, I'll circ. him too.

I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with and not worry so much about if he will be different or not...everybody is different and unique in their own way.

sarahcastillo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I have one boy who I did not have circumcised, My husband which is not bio dad is circumcised. My husband and son will sometimes pee together and shower together if in a hurry. Nothing has ever been said or mentioned about the difference by my son at all. That has been a heated discussion with hubby because when we first found out I was prego he insisted that if it were a boy that he would have to be circumcised, and I disagreed because my first was not. I am glad its a girl! other wise we would argue over it through out the entire delivery! LOL I dont believe that a foreskin will give your child any complexes if it "does not match" my son does not seem to be fazed one bit by it. Best of luck to you!!

MyBelovedOnes
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I think it is wrong to circ.  There is no medical reason to do so to newborns.  Rarely any reason to do so later.  Your gut is telling you your answer (in my case, I believe it to be God).  Go with what you know to be right.  Congratulations : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)