Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kids are out back right now playing in mud

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

for some reason it's like their favorite thing to do LOL they have the hose out in the back part of the yard having a ball. I hate cleaning them all up when they are done but it keeps them busy for a bit and they are happy so I let them no wonder my water bill has been so high LOL

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLGross215
by Sarah on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM

My son loves that too. I just take the hose to him before I bring him in the house for his bath. I also take his clothes off at the door so it isn't all over the place in here. I'm actually going to be taking him out there soon to play in his pool.

FotoFlexer_Animation-2.gif #2 picture by SLGross215

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM

psh , lucky kids! lol. in my old neighborhood as a child , none of the yards were fenced (ours, my neighbor woman , man next to her, man next to him, and my friends house). well in my friends back yard there was this biiiiig hole! and we'd fill it w/ water and be covered in mud from head to toe. we'd take off running from my house & jump in it lol ... we treated it like a pool! LOL.

my mom would make me stand on the back porch and hose me off before i was even allowed to think of coming inside lol.

god i miss those days!

gaugesmomma1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Eh, just get em naked and hose em off! I am so glad you let your kids be kids! Most moms on here would have a heart attack if their kid had a tiny spot of mud on them! Good for you letting them have fun playin in the mud!

melissa632
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM
My ds & his friends are doing the same thing right now...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Quoting gaugesmomma1209:

Eh, just get em naked and hose em off! I am so glad you let your kids be kids! Most moms on here would have a heart attack if their kid had a tiny spot of mud on them! Good for you letting them have fun playin in the mud!

yeah I hose them off and strip the little ones at eh back door then put a trail of towels from the door to the bathroom and stick them in the shower LOL they have fun and my house is mostly tile so it cleans easy I just don't want them to slip coming in wet

JAIRATRACI
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Just make sure there is a dry spot to rinse them off close to the door and just hose them off before they go inside. They will still need a bath but they won't get mud everywhere. If I had a back yard my kids would be doing the same thing.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander 07/06/10
crazyangel_52
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:04 PM

well the clean up should be pretty easy when they are done, just hose them off.lol

LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Quoting .thickie.thick.:

psh , lucky kids! lol. in my old neighborhood as a child , none of the yards were fenced (ours, my neighbor woman , man next to her, man next to him, and my friends house). well in my friends back yard there was this biiiiig hole! and we'd fill it w/ water and be covered in mud from head to toe. we'd take off running from my house & jump in it lol ... we treated it like a pool! LOL.

my mom would make me stand on the back porch and hose me off before i was even allowed to think of coming inside lol.

god i miss those days!

my kids did that last summer hubby dug a huge hole for our son to play in (it was his fort then he found a tree root and it was his dinosaur fossil) then one day I walk out back and hubby is filling it with water I made him let it dry out though because i was afraid of the baby falling in it if someone forgot to lock the gate in the middle of the yard (our yard has a fence that runs through the middle separating the front and back half of the back yard)  they had fun for a few days though

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM

ugh, my daughter is the same way. She loves anything dirty. Our neighbors sprinkler always soaks our dirt rv parking spot and she swarms to it as soon as she can. So frustrating but I love that she's the kind of girl that loves her pretty ruffle dresses but she's not afraid to get down and dirty in the mud.

wiener
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM

sounds like fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)