Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 month old and food choices

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

What does/did your 10 month old eat? Both of my children have loved everything!

Today Payton had tuna, tomatoes, and some peaches. Is it normal for him to want real food? He gags on the jars of food, both of my kids did after 7 months, they just didn't like the texture I guess.

Am I putting him up to solids to quickly

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM

with mine it was more a q of what did they NOT eat, lol

katiexoxo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM
wow mine is ten months and she's still on jar foods. we make her mashed potatoes occasionally, and she always has a little bite of what mommy's eating! i have tried to give her home made carrots, or bits of tomatoes, and she doesn't like it. what do you feed your 10 month old and how do you prepare it? i'd love to try something new
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Quoting katiexoxo:

wow mine is ten months and she's still on jar foods. we make her mashed potatoes occasionally, and she always has a little bite of what mommy's eating! i have tried to give her home made carrots, or bits of tomatoes, and she doesn't like it. what do you feed your 10 month old and how do you prepare it? i'd love to try something new

He has whatever Im eating (unless its spicy, I will prepare it diff)

Breakfast: cheerios, bananas, little bits of waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage,

Lunch: mac n cheese, Vienna Sausages, cheese, bits of sandwhich, chicken nuggets, tuna(with a little mayo in it)

Dinner: Chicken, mashed potatoes, beans, hamburger, alfredo

* I try to add fruits or veggies to whatever meal I just prepare it like the rest of the family's dinner and chop it tiny,

alwaysmom76
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM

My 10 month old foster son will eat almost anything...but that's kinda expected cause his 9 y/o sister was the one doing the majority of the parenting...

His current favorite is spaghettio's...I just cut everything up really tiny, but he pretty much eats what we are eating.

Sophiaria
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:53 AM

yep its normal. my dd was eating cooked veggies at 7 months lol.

I am a Selective Vaccinating, Montessori School Sending, gardening, photography loving, Non-Spanking, C-Section, Hard Working SAHM, pottery making, cloth diapers, rear facing 1 year old who will continue to be rf as long as her carseat allows, spinning, pilates, yoga, play date arranging, organic eating, energetic, and loving mommy to a 1 yr old May 20, 2009, wife to TJ, and TTC baby #2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)